E16 maximum people capacity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E16 maximum people capacity?

When I purchased my 2017 e16 I asked the dealer why the brochure listed the maximum people capacity as 6 but the Coast Guard sticker thingy next to the throttle listed capacity as 5. Dealer replied that it must be the wrong sticker on our boat we should simply keep a brochure in the boat in case we're questioned about it. If you own a e16, what is the maximum people capacity listed on your sticker?
    Sticker on boat Bayliner brochure
    Rip in Nevada
    2017 Element e16

The 16' Element is 6 in the US...your plate is for the F16 which is rating for 5 people. A mistake was made. You can have a new plate/sticker made (https://garzonstudio.com/boat/capacity-decal.html) or purchase one from Bayliner parts department. Or keep making a stink and have your dealer order you a new one...it's only a couple bucks when I checked for a new one from my dealer parts department.
    2014 Flight Package 16' Element
    Upgrades: 90HP Merc, NFB Helm, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade 17P Prop, MercMonitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Custom Steering Wheel, Stainless Cup Holders, Radio w/4 speaker and Subwoofer + Amp

Lacey, WA

Comment

Dear Bayliner:

Please, please, PLEASE get some QC people down to Reynosa and teach them how to do things right. Your recent questionable engineering choices, combined with these inexcusable execution issues, are teleporting you guys right back to the dark years of the late 80's and early 90's. You should be ashamed of what you are doing to the brand. Bayliner is moving down on my list of possible "next" boats. Way down.

-Longtime customer, and educated boating consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by 6104696 View Post
        Dear Bayliner:

Please, please, PLEASE get some QC people down to Reynosa and teach them how to do things right. Your recent questionable engineering choices, combined with these inexcusable execution issues, are teleporting you guys right back to the dark years of the late 80's and early 90's. You should be ashamed of what you are doing to the brand. Bayliner is moving down on my list of possible "next" boats. Way down.

-Longtime customer, and educated boating consumer.
        Nice. I wonder if Bayliner has received many similar messages since the Element's initial release.

2016 75hp Element 160 w/ Smart Tabs & Sponson Drains

Comment

Working...
        X