No announcement yet.

Element E16 Battery Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The radio shouldn't kill the batt in 7 days when it's off. If left ON however, even without playing music it WILL kill the batt in about 7 days. Ask me how I know ......

Comment

I had my 185 at the dealer for regular service and asked that questi9n of battery drain while off. This is a very reputable dealer here in se Michigan. Their reply was that these “little bowriders” always draw power when off, just a tendency of theirs. To avoid the battery draw, simply turn off and remove the red battery key. As I bought out boat used, 3 years old, I decided to switch out the battery anyways for a new larger deep cycle battery. I did notice that the original equipment battery was a small group 24, starting battery which I could see losing power quickly ona slow draw as opposed to a deep cycle. My new battery is a group 27 deep cycle and I have no issues whatsoever since. Not that it’s an issue, but Bayliner makes their boats cost effective, I don’t want to use the word “cheap” and frankly the most “cost effective” battery is a little group 24 starting battery...we spend hours upon hours on the hook with the radio playing Andre have never had any issues with starting. I do keep a jumper box on board just in case, but frankly it has just taken up space since the new battery was installed.
      Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
      2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
      1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
      1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

Today while out enjoying the cool 90degrees in Hell, I was playing with my stereo. I know that this issue has come up many many times as far as the battery draining while boat is either moored or just not used for a few days. Well as I was trying to change my stereo settings, I pushed and help the “menu” button on my Jensen OEM stereo. The screen changed and I used the volume up and down button scroll through different settings...when I found a setting that I wanted to change, I pushed the blue button 8n the middle of the volume buttons. Well one of the settings that popped up that you can change is “battery on/off”.....mine was set to on, I have replaced my OEM starting group 24 battery with a deep cycle group 27...but I have also gotten into the habit of removing my red battery key every time I leave the boat and have not had a battery drain issue since....but I’ll bet, that this setting if you turned it to “off” would eliminate the issue of the battery drain in these small runabouts...
        Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
        2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
        1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
        1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

The cockpit drains into the bilge. With rain it would be running the pump a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X