info on rendezvous 99 2659

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info on rendezvous 99 2659

thinking of buying one. was wanting user reviews on this vessel if possible. I can pick up a fairly clean one with 59 hrs on the meter. it is powered by the 5.0/alpha 1 drive. was wondering top speed and cruise speed. also is there anything I need to look for as far any past problems with these boats. I have a $500 deposit on it right now and may pick it up this weekend. any and all help would be great as this will be my first boat purchase

Do some searching on this and maybe the bowrider forum. There has been Rendezvous discussion on here in the past. The 5.0/alpha 1 combo is used all over the place so the internet should be full of suggestions on how to check those parts pre-purchase. Good luck with your purchase, I think those are kind of neat boats, probably just a bit ahead of their time in the market.

Comment

The 2659 Rendezvous I feel is a great family boat. I have a 96 and I have owned it for about 12 years. I have a 5.7/alpha 1. There is a lot of storage under the seats and in the poti room. My top speed is about 38, but I like to cruise around 30. If it has carpet, remove it and check for any soft floor areas. It will take small chop but its pretty rough in larger swells. I would not believe the hour meter. If it was like mine it is a cheap wrap a wire around the coil wire. If you are handy. I redid the seats, The snap on carpet, All the gauges, switches and the dash panels. I recently replaced the motor. I had a Mercury rebuilt 357 complete motor installed. Finding parts for the boat, sometime is a real challenge. I think the 96 thru 2001 are all the same, so if you buy it I can be a big source for information. Good Luck

Comment

yeah the hour meter was in the engine compartment not sure if it is the total hours not the boat. but the interior is near perfect and original I test drove it in the main channel in the ozarks and it seemed to handle the chop better than I expected. is the floor on these wood that is gel coated or fiberglass? I do like the removable carpet feature compared to the pontoons that seem to be junk after 10 years or so. that is a awesome cover on your boat, do they still make those? so guessing at a speed, the boat in question should be around 35 ish>

Comment

Comment

Pics of the boat

Comment

Working...
            X