Best prop E16 w/ 75hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best prop E16 w/ 75hp

I have the element 16 with the 75. I will likely have her at capacity for most cruises. She is currently outfitted with the spitfire 4 blade prop. Just hoping to ensure she doesn't struggle under a capacity load. The spitfire appeared to slip and lose bite a couple times this weekend when hitting the throttle with the ol ham fist. It is certainly possible the spitfire is already the best prop for the job, . I thought I would ask those of greater knowledge and experience who have already been there.

When looking at props that best method is to go to full throttle with your normal loads.

If you make full throttle rated RPM then you probably have a good prop for your boat.

If you can meke allot morew than full throttle then you are underpropped and could go up a bit in pitch, but your hole shot will suffer some.

If you caznnot make your engines rated RPM then you are overpropped and shold go down in pitch a bit.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

jcbrown, what is your top speed? I have the same setup with 4 blade spitfire prop and could only get about 34 MPH with just myself and wife in boat and full tank of fuel; flat smooth water. I figured 40 was possible but maybe not.

Comment

I have the e16 with the 4 blade. With full fuel and 3 people mine gets on top quickly and maxes out at a little over 40 mph.

Comment

• Carbo
          Carbo commented
          Editing a comment
          Check your speed with gps, my speedometer always reads faster.

Hmmm...I have the same setup and cant seem to get that fast. Maybe the engine needs more time to break in?

Comment

Originally posted by bonzai272 View Post
          jcbrown, what is your top speed? I have the same setup with 4 blade spitfire prop and could only get about 34 MPH with just myself and wife in boat and full tank of fuel; flat smooth water. I figured 40 was possible but maybe not.
          I'm hitting 32-35 depending on chop and load in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by OCBoy View Post
            I have the e16 with the 4 blade. With full fuel and 3 people mine gets on top quickly and maxes out at a little over 40 mph.
            I think your speedo is off.. Even solo i can't get much more than 36ish

Comment

Same here, jcbrown

Comment

Originally posted by jcbrown630 View Post

I think your speedo is off.. Even solo i can't get much more than 36ish
                I have identical performance with my Element 160 (36ish top speed)
                2016 75hp Element 160 w/ Smart Tabs & Sponson Drains

Comment

Originally posted by jcbrown630 View Post
                  I have the element 16 with the 75. I will likely have her at capacity for most cruises. She is currently outfitted with the spitfire 4 blade prop. Just hoping to ensure she doesn't struggle under a capacity load. The spitfire appeared to slip and lose bite a couple times this weekend when hitting the throttle with the ol ham fist. It is certainly possible the spitfire is already the best prop for the job, . I thought I would ask those of greater knowledge and experience who have already been there.
                  If you are trimmed up even a little it can cause you to slip on takeoff. The spitfire is the best for around 4 adults or less with the 75hp motor as far as I can tell.

Comment

As an update. I do believe the spitfire that came on the 75 is the best prop. I was able to still hit 30-32 with 4 adults and 2 children and pull a tube ( which removed 1 adult from the boat during the tubing )

Comment

Working...
                    X