Element XL E18 Engineering Improvement Casting Platforms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element XL E18 Engineering Improvement Casting Platforms

I just received this engineering update in the mail. Basically says they will replace the casting platforms on my 2016 180EL The new casting platforms are now being manufactured with a stronger material and additional bracing. The improvement was to address potential issues if the platform should buckle or collapse under weight.

Funny thing is i am not sure where casting platforms are? I know you can fish with it but i am not aware of any casting platforms. Could they have it confused with the F18?
    2016 Bayliner Element XL 115hp Mercury Fourstroke

I just received this recall also. I have an 18ft element xl. The only thing I could think of was the back swimming platforms. Bad thing for me is that the local dealer doesn't deal in Bayliner boats anymore and now I have to drive 2.5 hours one way to get the boat fixed.

Comment

E18 fishing options...
      Bow casting platform w/ seat.
      and don't worry your swim platform won't buckle.
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

So nothing to worry about if we don't have the fishing package?
        2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

Comment

I contacted the Bayliner number on the letter and she said it was for the aft casting platform. That they are making it from a new material and it needs to be replaced. I told her I didn't have the fishing package and she asked me if I had the filler cushions. I said yes. She said that those need to be replaced and to make an appointment with the dealer and to call ahead so they would have the parts on hand. She also said it would be no cost to me except for the transportation. So I then called the dealer and he didn't know anything about the service bulletin. Asked me to email him a copy of to it. I will tonight. He said if it is just the cushions he would not need me to bring the boat in, I could just pick them up. He could not ship them however. Said he would not be able to look at the letter until Monday as they are all a the boat show and he is the only one there.

Comment

I called bayliner directly and was also told that the aft filler board needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, my dealer said that I need to bring the boat in so they can take a look at it. I guess it gives me an excuse to bring the boat out of the garage!
            2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

Comment

Filler board yes, since that serves as a AFT casting platform...not the cushion.
              Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
              Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
              93 3058 sold
              92 2855 (day boat)
              91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
              Longbranch WA
              Life is Good

Comment

My local dealer finally called me back last night. Said she had to email Bayliner twice to get them to tell her what part they needed to order. Said they are replacing the aft filler cushion and she had the part number finally. Bayliner told her they are going to send out another letter because the first one was so confusing. It was sent to everyone even if they didn't have the casting platform option. The dealer said from the sounds of it the Bayliner probable hasn't even put the part into production and it could take six weeks before they receive it and they would call me when it comes in.

Comment

Working...
                X