Ski/Tube rope tower install after market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski/Tube rope tower install after market

Has anyone gone through the process of adding the tow rope tower after market? We have the E18 and find the rope spray with our little kids detracts from their enjoyment of knee boarding and tubing. Just curious to see what folks have done. I am sure the dealer will offer the service, the labor cost could be be a bit prohibitive though.

I installed a Joystick Roll Cage over 15 years ago, predecessor to the Pro Series (all the uprights are straight, not curved). It also serves as my radar arch. It was among the least expensice towers available. Installation took several hours, most spent identifying the mount locations. (Accessibility in the gunwales is limited.)
    1998 Capri 1950CL
    3 Liter MerCruiser
    Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Si-tex ADF, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
    2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Comment

Have you tried a tow ball? It gets the rope up out of the water and really reduces the spray without the need to install a tower.

Comment

I have a factory stainless folding tower available. See classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by seadoorider View Post
          I have a factory stainless folding tower available. See classifieds.
          How much for the tower?

Comment

I'd sell for $ 500 plus shipping or delivery costs - It's in perfect condition, that's about half what you'd pay elsewhere.

Comment

I'd sell for $ 500 plus shipping or delivery costs - It's in perfect condition, that's about half what you'd pay elsewhere.
              That's a great deal!! I'd scoop that up in a second if I didn't already have one.....

Question: Have you removed it from the hull yet? If so, or when you do, could you post some pics of the mounting screws and backing plates (if there are any)? I am just curious as to how it is secured at the four attachment points.

Thanks.

Comment

i would like to take it. Would you include mounting hardware?

Comment

• seadoorider
                  seadoorider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You'll get all the mounting plates and hardware. Just need to work out how to get it to you. I will PM you with my contact info.

Originally posted by dirtybird_434 View Post

i would like to take it. Would you include mounting hardware?
                Just sent you an email...

Comment

Working...
                X