Trailering an Element-gctid827908

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailering an Element-gctid827908

Fellow Element owners, what is the trick to getting an Element onto the trailer properly? It takes me many attempts and I had a very near disaster this past weekend trying. Yes, I was that guy to the boat ramp. This boat is supposed to be easy to load onto the trailer but I find the M Hull makes it very difficult.

Key is not to get the trailer TOO DEEP; I suggest just submerging the tops of the wheel wells or better have them about 1/2 submerged...that will give you enough "rails" to guide the boat safely and easily onto the trailer. Make sense?
    2014 Flight Package Element
    Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
    Lacey, WA

Comment

"efarstad" post=827921 wrote:
      Key is not to get the trailer TOO DEEP; I suggest just submerging the tops of the wheel wells or better have them about 1/2 submerged...that will give you enough "rails" to guide the boat safely and easily onto the trailer. Make sense?
      Yep. Bayliner somewhat missed the mark on their "easy to trailer" goal. Unlike a V hull, it will not self center unless you get the bunks "just right" in the M. If you are off by just a few inches, you have an uncorrectable misalignment. A little more bunk out of the water can help with alignment.

Make sure you wet the bunks though.....it will slide easier as you crank it up. I do not powerload.

Comment

I can't give this enough thumbs up. Winch it up. If you power it up you can hit the bunks dead on with the hull. The trailer is much further out of the water than any V hull. Once you find the sweet spot, it's quite easy to get back onto the trailer. Too deep though and it's incredibly frustrating.

Comment

That's makes perfect sense and is exactly what I was thinking of trying. Thank you!

Comment

I installed guide posts to make it easier, and yes... dont over submerge the trailer or the boat wont stay aligned or center itself. My bunks needed to be realigned as there was only about 1/4in gap between the outside edge of the bunk and the inside of the sponson.

Attached files

2016 Element 16' Merc 75 Hp OB
            2003 Four Winns 190 220hp Volvo Penta I/O
            1988 Sea Ray 21 Sorrento 200 Merc I/O
            1980 Proline 17 Center Console Johnson 90 OB

Comment

I had the same problems myself at first.

Don't submerge the trailer too deep.

Once you have worked out the correct depth the Element does slide on easily.

It's a matter of finding the sweet spot.
              Peter Walter-Smith
              Riverport of Goolwa, South Australia
              2014 Bayliner Element XL
              115HP Mercury EFI

Comment

Working...
              X