New Element For Me-gctid827598

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Element For Me-gctid827598

Well, I did it. Just ordered a new 16' Element. Should be here sometime next week. I got it with the 75 hp motor, Bimini Top, depth finder, and radio. There are over 1000 miles of waterways here on the Sacramento River Delta and hopefully I can explore a few of them before winter sets in. I'll have to relearn the boating rules of the road since the last boat I had was a 22' sailboat, and that was almost 30 years ago. I'll be storing my boat at a local marina on the trailer in an enclosed boat storage unit and will not be hosing down the cockpit or deck area. Hopefully I can avoid the water in the sponsons problem. I'm really looking forward to playing with my new boat.

Kim
    I should have been a pair of ragged claws
    Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Congrats, as an Element owner I'm bias but think you're going to love it. Have fun!
    2014 Flight Package Element
    Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
    Lacey, WA

Comment

If you can, jack up the trailer just high enough to keep the wheels off the ground. Then add support blocks and lower the trailer onto the blocks. This will keep the tires "round". I would leave the drain plug(s) out, just in case water gets into the sponsons. Remember to keep the motor in the normal driving position. This will make sure any water in the lower foot drains out and will keep the weight properly distributed on the stern.
      Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
      2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
      12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Rio Vista, huh? We stay at R.V. Marina RV park all the time, we were just there in August. Keeping it there?
        Jeff & Tara
        (And Ginger too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
        "Sea Ya"
        Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Congrats and enjoy. My only advice to you would be, as with any other boat, to very carefully go over everything prior to delivery. Make sure all electrical and mechanical systems work, make sure the boat fits properly on the trailer, and that everything is in order.

Boats are not like cars, so quality control can sometimes be inconsistent. Additionally, dealer prep on boats is more involved then dealer prep on cars, and dealers can sometimes make mistakes.

Finally, don't be frustrated if you need to take one or two trips back to the dealer for warranty work. That's just the way it goes.

But this should be a great boat for you, and I hope it gives you and your family many hours of enjoyment.

Comment

No, JEFFw, I'll be keeping it down the road a bit at the B&W Marina and boat storage. They've got a guy with a small tractor that launches your boat for free. I may never need to hook the trailer to my truck. The RV marina is very nice. I go down there sometimes just to watch the boats come and go.
            I should have been a pair of ragged claws
            Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Comment

Working...
            X