Element E16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jem102166 View Post
    We bought the e16 in the spring of this year. We have had a good experience with it, however I I have been looking at the Tahoe. For not a lot more money it seems you get a lot more boat. I will be looking seriously at that as my next boat.
    We looked closely at the Tahoe 450 (I think that was the model designation) when we bought our e18 in 2017. Once all the options boxes were checked for each boat, the 450 worked out to be about $5K more than the similarly equipped E18, which is a big difference on a $24K purchase. Andin doing my homework, I found a lot of quality complaints with Tahoe, and even more service complaints with Bass Pro......(same can be said about Bayliner, but I already had a good ownership experience with a Bayliner, and found a dealer with a good reputation for warranty and other service).

Comment

Hi E16 owners, I need help measuring E16 on a trailer, with swing away tongue folded, with +/- 1 inch accuracy.
      Also, how high prop is away from the floor with motor all the way down. Problem is, my garage is only 19 ft exact length. I know, I will have to cut out an opening in a wall for the prop to back into. I just want to make sure, I have enough room behind the wall to fit it.
      Thank You in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by iidevice View Post
        Hi E16 owners, I need help measuring E16 on a trailer, with swing away tongue folded, with +/- 1 inch accuracy.
        Also, how high prop is away from the floor with motor all the way down. Problem is, my garage is only 19 ft exact length. I know, I will have to cut out an opening in a wall for the prop to back into. I just want to make sure, I have enough room behind the wall to fit it.
        Thank You in advance!
        Welcome to BOC.

You may get more responses if you post your own thread with a title like...….."Exactly how long is an E16 on a trailer with tongue folded/motor down?"

Then post the same comments that you mentioned here.

Good luck! I know you are working hard to stuff that boat in your garage!
        Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
        Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

• iidevice
          iidevice commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You! Appreciate it.

19 feet will be really close. The prop will not be your problem with the motor down. The cowl of the motor sticks out past the prop. The best measurement I can get is from the back of the cavitation plate to the front of the trailer with tongue folded at 18 feet 9 inches. Even the swim platforms stick out a bit more than that measurement. I'll try to get a better measurement in a bit.

Comment

OK... I used my long level to be sure I had the lines correct. The farthest back part of the motor is the place where the cowl release is. I marked a line on my driveway using the level to be perfectly straight up and down.
          I folded the tongue and put the level straight up and down and marked a line.

Those lines measure 18 feet, 8 inches almost exactly. I would say I am no more than 1/2 inch + or -.

So it looks like it will fit in your garage with the tongue folded and you won't have to cut a hole in the back wall.

Now... how wide is your garage door opening?

Comment

Thank You guys for replying so quick and taking time to measure Your E16 on a trailer for me! I really appreciate it ! Now I know, that E16 will fit our garage, I have 4 inch wiggle room to cut out on top for motor coil and 6 inch on a bottom for prop if needed. Width of our 2 car garage is oversized and did fit Seadoo 150 Speedster with plenty of room for car next to it, in past.
            Again, Thanks a lot for quick help to fellow boater!
            I just signed up for BOC and don't know if I made a post correctly but hope I am replying in a right string, so all quick responders can see it.
            Thanks again, You made my day!

Comment

I park mine I a 19ft 6 in garage with about 4 inches to spare

Comment

I have a 2017 E16 with the 60hp CT engine that I bought "barely used" in spotless condition with 22 hours on it. I rolled the dice on the smaller engine because of the very attractive price for a well-equipped boat. I would not have even considered it with the standard 60hp but I took a leap of faith that the Command Thrust lower unit would give it a better hole shot/time to plane. To make a long story short, 6-8 prop-swaps later, the boat now works reasonably well under most circumstances with two adults. Three adults is still do-able but time to plane suffers, especially if there is any chop. Any more than that it basically won't get up on plane except under perfect conditions. It's worth noting that we are at 5,100 feet above sea level, which doesn't help (3% reduction in power for every 1,000 ft. above sea level). But, given that 90% of the time it's just the two of us or me by myself fishing, we'll make do. That said, this boat needs the 75hp engine. That should be the standard power and a 90hp option. But, both the 75hp and the 90hp engines weigh over 100lbs. more than the 60hp. This hull likes to keep its bow down. I'm not sure how hanging another 100-plus pounds off the transom effects trim. People who own this boat with the 75hp engine should be able to chime in on that.

Comment

2019 bayliner element e16 with 75hp

Handles well in calm water definitely recommend the 75hp

Video of it in south Florida on the intercoastal on a good calm day with no chop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2N1ZbOyek&t=2s

Comment

Working...
                  X