No announcement yet.

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18-gctid825353

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18-gctid825353

Does anyone know of a company that can make a custom windshield for an element e18? Or do you know of any creative ideas to create a wind screen with strataglass or other material?
    2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

I had heard rumor that a windscreen was available on some european models......way back when I recall seeing a photo of it on this forum. Maybe contact bayliner europe?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Do you know if Bayliner is pretty good about working with customers on issues? First day driving the boat home from the dealer and the helm wedge cushion flew off. I didn't even realize it was on and when I asked the dealer to order another they said they would have to charge me for it, but I'm hoping Bayliner will cut me a break.
      2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

Comment

"Sjelias30" post=825471 wrote:
        Thanks for the tip. Do you know if Bayliner is pretty good about working with customers on issues? First day driving the boat home from the dealer and the helm wedge cushion flew off. I didn't even realize it was on and when I asked the dealer to order another they said they would have to charge me for it, but I'm hoping Bayliner will cut me a break.
        I had looked into a windshield but could not find any hard info....and after using the boat a lot this summer, I really don't miss it. I always like to sit with my head above the windshield anyway. Generally I cruise at ~25 mph and the wind doesn't bother me. Above 30 it gets to be a bit annoying, but that is the exception not the rule......

That is frustrating regarding the lost cushion. There are several threads on this.....when the original Elements first came out, people were losing cushions left and right and bayliner was replacing them for free. They then modified some of the cushions. Not sure on what their current view is. With my 2017, I always put the center bow cushion, the helm bolster, and the rear center cushion (as well as anything else that could come loose), in the truck.

Your primary contact for this is the dealer. If the dealer says they will not cover it, then you could contact Bayliner directly but I am not sure what they will do for you. In general it is the driver's responsibility to secure their towed load.....so this might be "lesson learned."

Overall though I have found Brunswick to stand behind their product and to honor their warranty with no problems. I decided to take my boat in this week for some minor warranty items I am confident that they will fix everything.....

Comment

Thanks. Literally happened on the way home from the dealer! I put all the other cushions away but forgot about the helm bolster. The dealer is going to try and get one for free so We'll see what happens. What do they cost?

Comment

Same thing happened to me just after pulling out of the dealer's driveway on day one. I turned around and picked it up, and it was not damaged. However, three seasons later, it happened again after leaving the dealer, but this time on a busy narrow highway. No way to get that back. Ironically, this dealer visit was to have the rear cushion clips put on under recall. They apparently unsnapped my helm cushion, because I've towed it thousands of miles and it only happens when I leave the dealer. They would not replace it for free. I was forced to buy a new one. They custom make it, and the dealer told me it was $86. I was surprised to be given a bill (three months later when it finally came in) for $126. They neglected to tell me I'd be charged for shipping. And this for a helm that was improperly designed in the first place. The cushion is to make up for the uncomfortable helm seat that is too far from the wheel for most people. They probably undo the bottom snap so they can make money on new helm cushions. I don't actually believe that, but I am getting very frustrated with my dealer. I recommend adding a tether or improved connection of some sort to the helm cushion. A single snap is all they give you on the bottom.

Comment

Dealer's can make or break an ownership experience. To contrast your experience, when I took delivery of my boat the salesman pointed out the "resolved" issue with the cushions, but he suggested (and I was gonna do it anyway) that the smaller, less secure cushions (front center, rear center, and helm bolster) get put in the car.

One of the guys here suggested using a pickup truck bungee cargo net to cover most of the cockpit when trailering. Seems like a good idea....quick and easy. I actually have one for my utility trailer, but since I take everything out of the boat when I trailer, I haven't tried it on the Element....

Comment

Working...
              X