No announcement yet.

Element cushion flying off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I just posted about this. I lost 3 cup holders and my helm bolster cushion yesterday while towing it home from the dealership...very sad! I had already removed the middle stern cushion luckily as that one didnt seem very secure at all from the get-go. Hoping the dealer or Bayliner will replace my bolster and cup holders.

Comment

I paid the dealer to install flaps and clasps to keep my cushions from flying away .
      Rip in Nevada
      2017 Element e16

Comment

Lost the fuel tank cushion and rear middle cushion on my first trip. Gotta make sure the new latches bayliner is installing are secured if you have them.

Comment

Lost my center back one today. 2018 element .The Velcro didn't hold . Wasn't even going fast .Majorly upset . Going to email them. The design sucks .

Comment

Originally posted by Jem102166 View Post
            Lost my center back one today. 2018 element .The Velcro didn't hold . Wasn't even going fast .Majorly upset . Going to email them. The design sucks .
            Is that from an XR7? I don't recognize that cushion....on my 2017 E18 the center rear cushion is much smaller....I forgot how it is secured (because I never use it....it sits in the garage) but it is held in by more than velcro. The rear side cushions have plastic hooks that hold them in position and twist clips and straps that hold them down. When I trailer, though, the helm bolster and the front center cushion go in the car (and the rear center cushion was in the car for the first few trailerings before it got retired to the garage......

Comment

Off an e16 . Here is the empty spot .

Comment

Originally posted by Jem102166 View Post
                Off an e16 . Here is the empty spot .
                Well.....I just now learned that the E16 rear center cushion configuration is completely different than the E18. Whaddaya know.....never noticed this while shopping.....

Comment

I've got a 2014 E16 that I bought used in 2017. I lost the rear cushion over the gas tank the first time out. After researching this site I contacted my dealer and they said bayliner wasn't covering seats that flew out anymore ! I contacted bayliner about it and they replaced the cushion and installed straps. They said there was already a service bulletin for it. So if you have one that doesn't have the straps installed it should be covered at no charge.

Comment

I contacted Bayliner and they told me to have my dealer order it and they would replace it at no cost. Thanks

Comment

In my 2014 16' Element, I just lost the cushion over my gas tank. This happened the first trip after removing my stern center cushion as advised by my dealer. Bayliner customer care said they wouldn't replace it...major disappointment! Does anyone have the measurements of the cushion so I can have a custom one made? The dealer said it's ~$600 for a new one! I need just the measurements of the cushion base that rests on the frame, not the height. I really appreciate your help everyone. Thank you.

Steve
                      2014 Element 16" sports package
                      Mercury 60hp Bigfoot

Comment

Working...
                      X