Element XL Cover-gctid769299

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element XL Cover-gctid769299

Anyone have a generic boat cover for the Element XL they can recommend? Mine sits in a garage during the off season and outdoors on the trailer from May until October (when it isn't in the water). Lots of sunlight so UV protection is needed and very little rain. It being a newer platform w/o a windshield I'm a little hesitant of getting a generic open bow ski boat cover and getting a decent fit out of it.

This summer I used the transport cover that came with the boat in the driveway. However it's got a few rips that duct tape just isn't going to fix. I don't ever intend to tow the boat with the cover on and I don't plan to cover it when it's on a buoy. Open to past experiences ordering on line.

I bought this in August and have been using it since while the boat is in the driveway.

Classic Accessories StormPro Boat Cover

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/classic,...cover/10199319

I did build a cover support (saw horse type design), about 16" higher that the boat and so far it's gone through rain and windstorm. It's hold up pretty well and kept the boat dry. I plan to use it as a winter storage cover as well.

The boat and trailer will be under a car shelter, something like this http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/out...wfiBoCbv7w_wcB

So it would get very little snow.

Comment

Have just purchased our element xl this weekend and looking for an inexpensive cover are you still satisfied with your purchase? Have you tried trailering with it on yet? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Not inexpensive but I bought the factory mooring cover from bayliner. Perfect fit, with holes in the right places for cleats and reinforced in the right places too. It came with two snap in support poles. There was some pooling on the port side opposite the helm, so I paid a local canvas shop $30 to add another snap (and to slightly reposition the bow snap) and use a third pole. Problem solved.

I personally never trailer the boats with covers on. Some do, some don't....I don't.

Comment

Do you use this factory cover for outdoor winter storage as well? I got the Bayliner e18 this year and am starting to think about winter storage. I am concerned that the holes for the bimini top would allow water in...
          Alyssa
          Bayliner E18 2017
          18' 90 HP Mercury four stroke

Comment

"Lyssgrish12" post=822068 wrote:
            Do you use this factory cover for outdoor winter storage as well? I got the Bayliner e18 this year and am starting to think about winter storage. I am concerned that the holes for the bimini top would allow water in...
            My winter cover will be asphalt shingles (garage roof). However, if you are not fortunate enough to have a garage and there is any chance of snow in your area, you usually will want a steeper angle and better support than you would have with a summer cover. Snow doesn't run off a cover like water and can get heavy. For winter covers I would always build a simple frame (sometimes just a long 2x4 supported at the stern by a constructed support and toward the front with the windshield, and a tarp. For an Element you would need a support front and rear since there is no windshield......

Comment

Working...
            X