Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Bayliner Ciera 3055 forward bilge pump

Hello,

I'm going to look at a 1999 bayliner ciera 3055 this weekend, the current owner states that the forward bilge pump has been out for two years. What are some issues or concerns with that pump being out the past two years? It has been in the water all summer long for the past two years as well.

Also is there a way to get the hours on the engines, owner says no engine hour meters on the boat.

Thank you for the help

Well, The only occasions our forward blidge pump have been in use, is the "before/after season tests". It's always completely dry in that area, but maybe, one day we might need it.
    It's a bit tricky to access that area. You probably need to remove the step down to the cabin, unless your arms is 2 meters .

Comment

...and, good luck with your inspection. We love our 3055 -99.

Comment

Same as miaber, never seen water in the forward bilge. I replaced that pump without removing the stairs and it was a ridiculous two-weekend job that involved a lot of swearing and improvised tools. Basically you can only reach it with one hand at a time, with your arm at full extension. I have never removed/replaced the stairs, so I don't know how hard that job is, but I would consider it if I was doing it again.

FWIW, engine hour meters for my 3055 (2000) are in the engine compartment, not at the dash.

Comment

Working...
        X