Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Radar Arch

Hi!

I have bought a Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge 1997 and need to remove the radar arch for transportation.
    Does anybody here know if that's a 15 minutes job or many hours?

Regards,
    Mats

Better figure for a couple of hour and some extra muscle. Getting to the nuts will be problematic. The bridge furniture is usually installed after the arch, then there are wires to contend with. Once everything is disconnected and the bolt loosened, then it’s a relatively quick job assuming you have made provisions for a place to set it.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

I've never had any job on a boat that was 15 minutes and as said above you'll need extra help and you may khave to remove the Venturi screen
      Brad & Sharon
      Lady Jake
      1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
      Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

No 15 minutes was maybe a bit optimistic 😂
        This is how it looks on the inside so I will check behind the panel when I have time but right now the boat is a 5h drive from me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4A2A5B93-B942-47DD-B7CF-B877AEA49FDC.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	612512

Comment

Please post some pics if you take this project on. I have seen some really cool hinge conversions but they are complex and high dollar. I have wondered about installing quick connect plugs in the wire harnesses and rigging up some kind of support or stand for the arch. I would only need to take it down for winter storage and reinstall in the spring. Maybe with quick connect wiring, cordless drills and the right wrenches 2 guys could take it down or reinstall in an hour or less? That would be pretty handy.....and less work than raising the roof of the shop building.
          Lance O. Albany, OR
          1996 Ciera 2855 7.4 4bbl Bravo 3
          1978 21' Hawaiian 557 BBF Berkeley Jet (dingy)

Comment

It shouldn't be too hard of a job once you locate all the fastening points.
            I installed new speakers and new speaker wires on my 1989 2955 Avanti which is different than your boat based on that photo. But what I can offer is, my arch wiring had a harness on the starboard side with all the lights and factory speaker wires entering the arch on the starboard side and running up and over the arch to the port side.
            Wet'ever
            1989 Avanti 2955
            460 Cobra

Comment

Anyone know roughly what the arch weighs?
              Lance O. Albany, OR
              1996 Ciera 2855 7.4 4bbl Bravo 3
              1978 21' Hawaiian 557 BBF Berkeley Jet (dingy)

Comment

You didn't say how you planned to transport the boat but you wouldn't normally need to remove the arch on a boat of that size.
                Wet'ever
                1989 Avanti 2955
                460 Cobra

Comment

It’s a close call.
                  it will be transported on a truck about 3’4” above ground and the clearance on major roads in Sweden is about 14’9”.
                  On the top of the arch I have a radar mount and some antennas,
                  maybe enough to remove those instead...

Comment

I was able to transport my boat (305) 450 miles across four states, with max height allowed being at 13'6". didn't have to remove the arch. I would think you will be fine.
                    Dave
                    2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
                    2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
                    2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
                    http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

Working...
                    X