Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowdaddyooo
    replied
    Thanks Howard, I'll give that a try this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    replied
    You can usually adjust windlass tension or grip on the chain/rope with a windlass crank handle in the star shaped fitting on top of the windlass.

Leave a comment:

• lowdaddyooo
    replied
    Slowly working thru all the issues. I now have the Lewmar Concept windlass working but the chain and rope slips. What might cause this? is there a way to adjust the tension? Also, I'm sure this windlass has not been serviced in quite awhile and in looking at I was wondering if there is any maintenance or lubrication needed on these. Thank you for everybody's continued help and advice.

Leave a comment:

• lowdaddyooo
    replied
    I was down at the boat this past weekend screwing around with it but it was so hot out! The wiring for the windlass in the anchor locker was kind of cobbled together. I took the foot switch's apart and cleaned them up and rewired them using a heavier gauge wire and new terminals and they started working. Next weekend I am going to finish cleaning up the wires to the control box etc and clean and lubricate the windlass. Hopefully that should work. I'll keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• brewsterjv
    replied
    lowdaddyooo any update on if you fixed this or not? I am having the same but not attempted anything list here yet.

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    Which model and style Lewmar do you now have........ Horizontal or Vertical?

If a vertical Windlass, does the motor sit horizontally underneath the unit, or does the motor sit vertically underneath the unit like this one?

Some of the units with the vertical motors encapsulate the motor with a rubber boot.... some do not!
    Either way, if the unit above leaks water, water may infiltrate the reduction gears and the motor housing.

I've seen these completely locked up due to rust.

Leave a comment:

• Festivus
    replied
    OK!!!!! If you have clicking you are 1/2 the way there!!! A couple of possibilities......1. Chain is twisted. Use the special wrench and take top off. Then use allen wrenches and take that plate off. This should give you access to feeding hole to the locker. You will see 1 big finger approx 4 inches long based on model. This is the guide. should be spring loaded. This is also not the problem. Look for the little finger. This is the safety stop that prevents the Anchor from releasing while underway! I know because mine did!!!! There should also be a small plastic leaver that allows you to lock the safety open so when you push the helm switch it will release the anchor. Let me know if it works out! I just solved this puzzle today!

Leave a comment:

• lowdaddyooo
    replied
    Thanks for all of the help and replies. It is still not working although I can hear a clicking at the motor when the dash switch is pushed. The foot pedals dont seem to do anything although they are wired up. The wiring diagram that skidog posted shows an additional 3 amp fuse. Next time I am down at the boat i am going to look for that. Does anybody know if Lewmar makes a replacement windlass that would bolt in and use the same bolt pattern etc.as the Concept which is now discontinued.?

Leave a comment:

• bruce griffith
    replied
    The circuit breaker in a 325 is under the engine hatch near the battery charger.

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    It is possible that the motor's armature brushes are lightly corroded and are not able to complete continuity.
    Try tapping on the motor housing while a helper operates the switch.

Leave a comment:

• skidog
    replied
    Rewired the windlass motor and that seemed to do it. Had help from an electrician friend that knew what he was doing. I didn't. Took him less than 5 minutes. Everything works now. Click image for larger version

Name:	lewmar-windlass-wiring-diagram-Concept 1-1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	595802

Leave a comment:

• lowdaddyooo
    replied
    Great, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• skidog
    replied
    I'd sure like to hear some responses to this one! I had the same problem. Tried new foot switches, nope. Tried new breaker, nope. Tried new control solenoid, nope. I'm in the middle of rewiring the windlass motor and solenoid so I'll let you know what I find out.

Leave a comment:

• lowdaddyooo
    started a topic 99 3055 how to operate windlass question

99 3055 how to operate windlass question

Hi everyone, fairly new to boating and I have a 1999 3055 . I went to use the anchor this weekend for the first time and nothing happened. I pushed the down button on the dash and also tried the foot switch and nothing. I saw that there is a windlass breaker in the cabinet under the sink and it seemed fine. Am I missing something operationally? Thanks, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Working...
X