Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2655 TV install, power?

Hi guys,

I'm planning on installing a 12v flatscreen TV in my 2001 2655 Ciera. Has anyone of you done this and where did you put the (flatscreen) tv and more importantly what would be the best way to connect it to the 12v circuit?
    It would be a 12v - 220v (europe) tv so I would also want to be able to use a 220v power outlet when I'm connected to the shorepower.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray

Google search for a 12volt dc tv. I think it will be fruitless to find one that has dual power, so just look for the 12volt kind.

Not the same exact boat, but here's where I mounted mine with an articulating arm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	img_1781 (2) (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.4 KB ID:	572368
    Simo
    2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
    Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

As you are looking a reasonably priced dual power tv, you may consider a 220v inverter and a standard tv. The inverter doesn’t have to be huge wattage, you are going to want to consider your house battery size. Admirals love to use hair driers.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks guys, a 12v tv would be fine also but dual power tv's are quite easy to find out here.

But are there any specifics to take in consideration when hooking up to the 12v circuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Revada View Post
          Thanks guys, a 12v tv would be fine also but dual power tv's are quite easy to find out here.

But are there any specifics to take in consideration when hooking up to the 12v circuit?
          I just leave mine plugged into a 12V outlet at all times. Nothing more is taken into consideration other than what I'm going to watch!
          Simo
          2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
          Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

While I never got to putting one in our 2655, our planning to do so included the bulkhead forward of the head, or the anchor rode hatch between the forward cabin speakers. Wiring can be routed from the galley area to either location rather easily.
            2004 Monterey 282 Cruiser
            Twin Volvo Penta 5.0GXi-E
            SX-M 1.6gr Outdrives
            Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I hope to show you the end result soon

Comment

Lol. Me and my wife were just planning this today for our 275 (UK)
                2006 Bayliner 275
                Cummins Mercruiser 2.8l Diesel 200HP
                Bravo 3

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_211032.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	579473 Installed the TV on a flexible arm so I can turn it everywhere I want. Now the kids can enjoy themselves with the playstation when there's some bad weather.

I just need to cut a small piece of the bracket that's sticking out right now but anyway another nice mod.

TV works both on 12v and 220v (europe), so when on shorepower I can use the regular power outlet

Comment

Originally posted by Revada View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_211032.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	579473 Installed the TV on a flexible arm so I can turn it everywhere I want. Now the kids can enjoy themselves with the playstation when there's some bad weather.

I just need to cut a small piece of the bracket that's sticking out right now but anyway another nice mod.

TV works both on 12v and 220v (europe), so when on shorepower I can use the regular power outlet
                    I am interested in seeing more pictures of this. how did you install the Bracket, What bracket/TV Etc.

Thanks,

Comment

I see no purpose or advantage for a dual purpose tv in a boat.... most all tv's built in the world actually run on DC power, but have a converter built in to them so they can be plugged into ac power *****...
                      when the boat is at the dock with ac power available, the onboard charger is charging/powering the batteries with much more power than a tv can use, so why not just leave the tv connected to the 12volt source and let the charger and batteries do their thing?...
                      maybe im missing something in how you want to use the tv, so what advantage can you see that would make plugging the tv in to ac power on the boat be an advantage?.....

***** most of them can also have the converter removed by someone who knows what they are doing, and connected to a dc source... sometimes the dc voltage of different brands of tv's may vary, so its good to have the knowledge to test this and adjust it to prevent any damage.

NU LIBERTE'
                      Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
                      5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
                      N2K equipped throughout..
                      2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
                      2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
                      '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
                      Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

Working...
                      X