1999 Bimini factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Bimini factory

Does anybody know what firm(s) manufactured the original Bayliner tops? I know "Great Lakes Boat Top" can still provide complete tops for a 2006 Four Winns 378 Vista at a very fair cost. They do not need the boat to build the tops/clears/etc....
    1999 Ciera 2655 5.7L BIII "Brenda Lou"
    1996 Skeeter 1850DV 175 Mariner 9.9 Mariner. sold, sold, sold
    1975 Lund 14' 25 HP Mercury. sold, sold, sold
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Turbo diesel Quad Cab
    Green Bay, WI on the Fox River
    South Bay Marina

Try this one https://letastopshop.com/

They made mine...I love it!

Comment

Leta has all the OEM patterns.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA

Comment

+1 on Leta's. She has most all the patterns.
        2004 Monterey 282 Express Sport
        5.0L Volvo Penta GXi-E (X2) w/ VP SM outdrives

1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition) [For Sale]
        5.7L 2bbl /A​​​​​​lpha I Gen II Sterndrive/1.45:1 gears

Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

BTW, call Leta, don't email her. Also, have your boat's Hull ID Number handy when you call her. She uses the number t determine whic pattern to use.
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

BTW...its her daughter Dede who now runs it, not Leta....she retired, but its the same quality work and materials.... My replacement fit perfectly! You will get exactly the same product/pattern, as in the original year your boat was made.....but more choices of fabric, colors, etc.....

Comment

Awesome folks, I did send an email with the HIN. Dede is going to get me a quote, but given this forum thread, I'm "calling" now. Thank!
              South Bay Marina

Comment

Originally posted by Eyeman View Post
                Awesome folks, I did send an email with the HIN. Dede is going to get me a quote, but given this forum thread, I'm "calling" now. Thank!
                Tell her you got great reviews from this site.....a win win.....

Comment

Leta was not that good at responding to email. Dede may be different.

Over the last 18 years I've gotten OEM and custom canvas from Leta for a number of boats. The prices have always been great and the fit and finish awesome.
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

• Island Eddie
                    Island Eddie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dede has always replied promptly to me, and I pestered her a bunch. She helped me to pick out my final product, material wise, listing the differences between all the choices, etc....
                    What I did not expect, was that they fit the canvas/covers to a exact fit, and I mean they had flaps and cut-outs, etc, where the cleats were, so a rope could still be used without having to unsnap stuff, or a grab rail, or light, etc....they knew the exact spot where Bayliner put the trim, and factored all that into their product....not sure anybody else knows this stuff without having to see the boat in person....????

They rock. They were able to make some slight modifications to the patterns that I requested. Strong +1
                  Tally and Vicki
                  "Wickus" Meridian 341
                  MMSI 338014939

Comment

Ordering the new system Monday. Dede has been great. She even sent me Sunbrella color and esinglas samples. emailed me a photo of a camper top upgrade on my boat too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunbrella and isinglass 04.03.2020.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	570738
                    South Bay Marina

Comment

Ordering the new system Monday. Dede has been great. She even sent me Sunbrella color and esinglas samples. emailed me a photo of a camper top upgrade on my boat too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunbrella and isinglass 04.03.2020.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	570738
                      In case they did not mention it, they will not install snaps on the canvas, wherever it attaches to the boat. The reason is that the snap layout varies slightly from boat to boat. They will include the necessary snaps and a tool to attach them to the canvas.
                      Anacortes, WA

Comment

• Island Eddie
                        Island Eddie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unless they go to your boat, or you take it to them.....
                    Working...
                    X