Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are 3055 owners paying for insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are 3055 owners paying for insurance?

I am currently insured through boat US and have my 99 3055 insured for 30k and 4k for my trailer and am paying 800 a year. I have friends with much newer boats valued much higher paying way less. Just curious what other 3055 owners were paying for insurance and who they were insured through?
    1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

The last year I had my 99 3055 (2011) I paid just under $900 for an agreed hull value of $85000.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
    www.wrycc.com

Comment

Way too many variables, such as liability limits, deductibles, boat use and location, your credit, driving record, experience and claims history. All of these have an impact on your premium, so I have some suggestions for you, I'm a retired agent. Call Boat US (GEICO) and ask them to explain coverages and look for ways to save. Another idea is to copy your Declarations page and take it to other companies for their price on identical coverage. You can black out the price you pay now, if you like.

To answer your question, my 3388 is insured through Boat US for $73,500 and I paid $757 last March for a year. Based on that limited information, you're getting screwed! You need to compare apples to apples...
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

I am going to have to give them a call, my driving record is spotless, great credit, use boat on rivers 4-5 months of the year, sits on its trailer the rest of the year. I did have a claim about 4-5 years ago for hitting something submerged, maybe this is still hurting me.
        1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Comment

When we were looking at 3055's Boat US/GEICO quoted a price of $935.00 for a year at agreed value of 30K. Compared to Jeff's it seems high, esp as we have spotless auto & boat records w/ no claims. They recently quoted over 1K for a 2K Maxum 30' boat. Must be location, as our boats are kept out of the water on a lift. Suspect Florida's hurricane reputation may have something to do with it.
          2004 Monterey 282 Cruiser
          Twin Volvo Penta 5.0GXi-E
          SX-M 1.6gr Outdrives
          Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Location is a huge factor, usually by zip code.
            Jeff & Tara
            (And Ginger too)
            Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
            "GetAway"
            Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
              Location is a huge factor, usually by zip code.
              A lot of boats lost here when hurricane Charlie blew through. I suspect you are correct about location.
              2004 Monterey 282 Cruiser
              Twin Volvo Penta 5.0GXi-E
              SX-M 1.6gr Outdrives
              Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

• Jeffw
                Jeffw commented
                Editing a comment
                I retired from the insurance biz...

Guess I can say I am blessed - family and I are power squadron members and we insure our 3055 through the program offered by them our insurance is 280.00 year full coverage on 40K declared value. our Power squadron membership is around 125.00 so we are at 400.00 year.
              Harry
              Living for the Weekend
              2000 Bayliner 3055
              Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I recommend checking with an insurance broker that specializes in marine insurance. They can often get a good deal.
                1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                Anacortes, WA

Comment

Originally posted by expmg View Post
                  Guess I can say I am blessed - family and I are power squadron members and we insure our 3055 through the program offered by them our insurance is 280.00 year full coverage on 40K declared value. our Power squadron membership is around 125.00 so we are at 400.00 year.
                  BTW, I am in the process of looking for insurance because the current company that insures my boat is getting out of the marine business. My broker shopped around and actually found similar coverage for a few dollars less than I currently pay.

After reading the above I decided to get a quote from the US Power Squadrons program. That quote was more than 70% what my broker came up with! So much for the USPS discount....
                  1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                  2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
                  X