Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Bayliner 2855 depth guage replacement

Hi all,

I have a 2000 model Bayliner 2855 that the depth finder LCD panel has cracked on. Just a quick question to see if anyone knows of a good replacement guage that will work with the Bayliner in-hull transducer?

Thanks,
    Matthew

Most any on the market that work at 200Khz. Unfortunately most gauge sales come with a transducer. You may not find one with the same connector but changing the existing connector isn't to hard. Most any Standard/Horizon, Lowrance or Hummingbird models will work.

Google search like following:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-...uge&gws_rd=ssl

1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
    "Sea Flights"
    5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition and raw water cooling
    A​​​​​​lpha I Gen II Sterndrive/1.45:1 gears
    M15.25 X 15P Black Max prop
    MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
    Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Unless you can find and original serial number match to unit that's in your boat just buying another one wont work. Been there done that. Went with new unit from Humminbird and used glued in the hull angled puck transducer from Humminbird.
      Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Thanks heaps guys!

The transducer in the bottom of the boat looks very similar to the one in the picture attached, so maybe a Humminbird HDR 650 will do the job.

Should the container be filled with a liquid before putting the lid on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM000-13942-001-2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	534947

Comment

Originally posted by Bayliner2855Australia View Post
          Thanks heaps guys!

The transducer in the bottom of the boat looks very similar to the one in the picture attached, so maybe a Humminbird HDR 650 will do the job.

Should the container be filled with a liquid before putting the lid on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM000-13942-001-2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	534947
          Himminbird will not work with that transducer
          Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Hi all,

I have a 2000 model Bayliner 2855 that the depth finder LCD panel has cracked on. Just a quick question to see if anyone knows of a good replacement guage that will work with the Bayliner in-hull transducer?

Thanks,
            Matthew
            As I recall, Hawkeye makes a drop-in replacement that will work with the transducer on many Bayliners: hawkeyeelectronics.com
            1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
            2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
            Anacortes, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Norton_Rider View Post

As I recall, Hawkeye makes a drop-in replacement that will work with the transducer on many Bayliners: hawkeyeelectronics.com
              Thanks, I have emailed them and see what they come back with. Cheers

Comment

So Hawkeye replied and advised if the old one didn't have temperature then this one will do the trick.

https://hawkeyeelectronics.com/colle...b-display-only

As my screen is cracked I have no way to know if it had temperature, but as I don't really need temperature anyway I'm guessing that it should still work? Just one less wire to connect?

Comment

So Hawkeye replied and advised if the old one didn't have temperature then this one will do the trick.

https://hawkeyeelectronics.com/colle...b-display-only

As my screen is cracked I have no way to know if it had temperature, but as I don't really need temperature anyway I'm guessing that it should still work? Just one less wire to connect?
                  To my knowledge, none of the OEM ones had temperature.
                  1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                  2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

Thanks for your help guys; I'll order one and let you knlw the end result!

Comment

• pgiconch
                      pgiconch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you going to use the original transducer or the new one? Also, if you intend to use the old transducer, do they have a conversion connector to go from the CRA plug to their mono style plug? Or are you going to cut/splice the cables together? Please let us know how this works out. And thanks for the link to the 1B model.

following mine is dead on my 2000 2655 also

Comment

[QUOTE=Are you going to use the original transducer or the new one? Also, if you intend to use the old transducer, do they have a conversion connector to go from the CRA plug to their mono style plug? Or are you going to cut/splice the cables together? Please let us know how this works out. And thanks for the link to the 1B model.[/QUOTE]

I intend to use the old one if possible. I hadn't actually considered the connector yet, but my best bet is I'll have to splice the cables together and test after that. Will definitely let you all know how it goes as I wouldn't have got this far without your help!

Comment

I'm keen to know too as I have the same issue.
                        2006 Bayliner 275
                        Cummins Mercruiser 2.8l Diesel 200HP
                        Bravo 3

Comment

i went ahead and ordered one to replace the broken Horizon, should know if it works in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by toy4two View Post
                            i went ahead and ordered one to replace the broken Horizon, should know if it works in a few weeks.
                            You might have yours in before me; I've been caught up with work.

Comment

Working...
                            X