Avanti 3255 Switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avanti 3255 Switch question

As the 3255 I just purchased needs some love and updating figuring out all the things that are not working has been a fun adventure. I am trying to determine what a light switch controls. Then as you walk into the cabin on the main light switch pain the last switch does not seem to control anything for me. Does anyone have an idea of what it should be controlling? Switches from top to bottom (Dinette, Galley, Head, Unkown)
    1996 Bayliner Avanti 3255
    Twin 7.4

Look in the the head. I had the same question with mine. One switch is for the head lights, and one is for the receptacles in the head.

Comment

I have a 95 and on our boat the bottom two switches control 3 lights in the head. One controls two lights above the mirror and the other controls single light on shower side. I've never used the receptacles(own the boat for 4 years now and not once have I plugged anything in there) FYI, I'm just swapping my head lights to LEDs.

Comment

In my 2955, the panel includes a switch for the water pump.
        Wet'ever
        1989 Avanti 2955
        460 King Cobra

Comment

Sometimes its hard to say what things control, as most older boats have had a lot of customisation done over the years. The beauty of that is that you can decide what you want to be placed where while you're redoing it all...

Comment

Wow I thought I had replied back in case someone comes across the same question. Turns out there are 2 switches for the lights in the head; was in the process of converting all the lighting to LED recessed and had some dead old lights. After the LED upgrade I think 3 lights in the 3255 head is a bit much. A much-recommended upgrade though, changing all my interior lights to LED
            1996 Bayliner Avanti 3255
            Twin 7.4

Comment

Working...
            X