Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leta's Top Shop Bimini & Strataglass on a 2858 - Anyone have photos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leta's Top Shop Bimini & Strataglass on a 2858 - Anyone have photos?

Hi all, I'm currently in discussions with Leta's Top Shop about making me a bimini, complete with front panels, side curtains and possibly a back drop... including framework, as I don't currently have a bimini. Only for the command bridge area, not the aft space below. She's basically told me that what she makes is what would have been provided from the factory at the time of manufacture since they have the patterns and schematics for the frames.

I know from this forum that Leta's comes pretty highly recommended... so I'm comfortable with that side of things. What I'm after is some photos of what the factory bimini enclosures looked like? Or, ideally, if someone with a '96 or similar 2858 has actually used her for their boat?

Anyway, if anyone can share any photos I'd appreciate it.
    Tyson, Ackerley, Sidney & Gene
    Tsawwassen, BC
    1996 2858 Ciera Command Bridge
    Mercruiser 7.4L BRAVO II (GEN. V) GM 454 V-8; Engine Serial 0F603347
    "Island Passport"
    Home marina: Point Roberts, WA

No pictures but I can tell you, her and her crew are awesome. I have used her and Kim for years for biminis and interior cushions and drapes. They both worked at Bayliner in Arlington Washington. When Bayliner shut down, both of them bought all of the patterns.

I live in Vancouver Canada and have been down to both of their location. I would say on average, their prices are about half of any other place I have had quotes from. Very good quality too.

For biminis, side curtains, camper backs use Leta's Top Shop.

For exterior items such as new skins for your seats and carpet or for interior cushion and backrest coverings and drapes use Kim's Canvas. Kind of a strange name for her business as she doesn't do canvas, Leta does.

You just have to give either of them your hull number, usually located on right hand side of your outside transom.

They can supply you with the factory set up or they also do custom.

Sometimes Leta has some great sales on some bimini packages she has in stock. She stock piles them in the off boating seasons. Both of them ship world wide.

Trust me. Check them out.

JOHNNY VINTAGE

Comment

Working...
    X