Bonar hatches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonar hatches

I have 2001 Ciera 2855. I need to replace the front hatch which is 20.5 inches square. does anyone know where a new one can be purchased. I live in Australia (boat is moored in Paynesville, Victoria, but I live in Melbourne).
    I have tried Bomar direct, but they no longer have replacement part
    Thanks in anticipation
    Mal

Try greatlakesskipper.com. I see a Bomar 20.25x20.25.
    "Impasse". 2001 3988
    Cummins 330's
    Puget Sound

"You don't want to be the richest guy in the nursing home..."

Comment

Bomar is less than great about service for anything not in current production. What is it that needs replacing? The plexiglas can be cut to fit by about any glass shop and they may be willing to install it also. If it's the frame, there is no real need to stick with Bomar.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Hey Mal Clark - I replaced mine on my 2003 Bayliner 2452 . . . had leaks around the edges, plexiglass was dirty between the layers and just didn't like the looks of it. That was some 3 years ago but believe I got it from Fisheries Supply . . . sorry, don't remember the specs on it. Wasn't cheap but not that expensive as I recall. Ripped out the old one and used a jig saw to widen the opening a bit and then finished it up with a Dremel to hit the tight spots . . . added some good sealant and done. Found a finished picture. Did a posting back when I did it (at least I think I did . . . but then I've been mistaken before) but don't find any more pictures . . . yet.
        Edit - oh yeah, used bilge paint to coat the exposed edges from all the cutting and trimming before installing the hatch.
        1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
        Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
        WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
        James H. Stradling

Comment

Working...
        X