Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

02, Bayliner, 2655 subfloor material and recommendations on interior cabin flooring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02, Bayliner, 2655 subfloor material and recommendations on interior cabin flooring

we want to replace the flooring in our cabin. Wondering what the factory used for a subfloor and recommended teak looking products for the flooring. We were looking at Plasteak . We don’t want to rip up the carpet without some more information.

Marine plywood subfloor.
    Lonseal is good, take a look at them...
    https://lonseal.com/applications/marine/
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

+1. marine plywood with fiberglass coating. Then the carpet. Can't help with the teak recommendations as we like the carpet which is in good shape. Lots of folks here have done the replacement tho and hopefully will chime in. A search in the forum search box for "new or teak flooring" (or a Google search) will result in a lot of past postings of others on the forum who have done the work.
      Last edited by pgiconch; 12-05-2018, 04:52 AM. Reason: Correct response.
      1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
      "Sea Flights"
      5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
      Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
      MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
      Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Keep in mind, that by going from carpeting to a hard surface, you are going to change the acoustics within the cabin.
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

In my 1999 2655 I pulled out the carpet, sanded the fiberglass a little smoother and glued down vinyl flooring. The carpet was pretty easy to just pull up.
          I did not notice any real change the acoustics within the cabin, but we are talking about a 26 foot Bayliner. Don't think Bayline had acoustics in mind when they made
          these boats. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161008_142525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	470312
          1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
          5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

Working...
          X