Water Filters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Filters

I own a 96 Bayliner 2655 Ciera and my water pump is making a horrible noise and I am getting no water out of the taps, my friend said to check the filters but I have no idea where they are and have searched all over the internet before I go ripping up panels. By the way I have located the pump. Many Thanks for any help.

I don't believe you have a filter unless a prior owner installed one. I don't have any on my boat. You can look under the galley sink, but don't be surprised if you don't find one.
    Johnson Point, Olympia, WA
    1989 2855
    Horizon 6.2 and Bravo II

Comment

He probably meant the faucet aerator screen filters, which you can get to by simply unscrewing them from the faucet. However, if you're not getting water from any of your fixtures, chances are the pump is the problem, especially since you mention that it's making a "horrible noise".
      Alex
      Orange County, Ca.
      2001 3988
      Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

I suggest starting at the tank to pump line. There should be a screen filter between the tank and the pump. Ensure the pump is getting a full flow of water. Next, check the flow of water coming out of the pump. Yes, you are going to dump a bunch of water in the bilge. Follow the lines, where they can be seen. If there is a filter, it's likely before the T going to the hot water tank, but look for kinks and restrictions. The next points to check are the aerators on the taps. Pop the screens, there are several layers, clean them off and see what you get.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

There is usually a screen filter mounted on the intake side of the pump.
          Don
          1995 Maxum 2400 SCR LUNA DE MIEL
          1988 Bayliner 2455 (sold)
          1976 Tahiti 16.5 I/O (sold)
          10 ft livingston (lost in fire )
          1987 18ft. Seaswirl cuddy (lost in fire)
          "Is it better to be on a boat thinking about God, or be in church thinking about boating?"

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help I will be down the boat this weekend and will check it out

Comment

Working...
            X