• Show
Clear All

• builderdude
    replied
    Looking fabulous, keep at it dude

Leave a comment:

• fritzman
    replied
    Great progress, as for balance - weight destitution if you are like most restorers load a bunch of tools that can be switched to other compartments, keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    Looks like good progress. Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• SKUA_28_Contessa
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190205_211816.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	482608Weather's not conducive to glasswork, so I'm prefabbing the cabin walls. Center section going in.

Name:	20190205_223059.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	482609 All done! Plus a bit of a view of the rear cabin bulhead, closed up, now all the insulation is done. Will need to cut out, for the windows, if we decide on them. Can't decide if I like the look of the lower line of the windows in relation to the entrance door.

Name:	20190205_211823.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	482610 A look back at the new bulkhead.

Name:	20190205_211836.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	482611 A bit of a better detail look, at the roof headliner battens

Leave a comment:

• Nauti_Mike
    replied
    Was looking at your original post, 2013!

some of us don’t even keep boats that long.

Im impressed by you skills and endurance.

Leave a comment:

• SKUA_28_Contessa
    replied
    Thank you to everyone for the kinds words of encouragement.!!!

Leave a comment:

• SKUA_28_Contessa
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
    Looking good! A word of caution, keep in mind the effects of adding or relocating weight as it will change the boats trim. On our previous boat the 33 gallon water thank was located on the outboard port side at the end of the mid cabin berth. I could easily tell when the tank was low or full by the heel of the boat at the dock.
    I have thought of that. Although to this point most things are in the same place and modestly heavier due to superior materials and practices. But the fresh water tanks will be seperate side to side allowing for ballasting if necessary. Also leaving engine battery placement to after launch. A strategic delay.

Leave a comment:

• fritzman
    replied
    Nice to see your efforts moving forward, when done you will be a proud and happy Capt.

Leave a comment:

• Nauti_Mike
    replied
    I love the smell of fresh cut wood in the morning!

Looking good; thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    I'll say it again: chit ton of work happening to this boat, major rebuild.
    Keep at it SKUA! Love seeing the progress. I like the ditch bag area right next to the cabin door, want to add a similar modification to mine.

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    Looking good! A word of caution, keep in mind the effects of adding or relocating weight as it will change the boats trim. On our previous boat the 33 gallon water thank was located on the outboard port side at the end of the mid cabin berth. I could easily tell when the tank was low or full by the heel of the boat at the dock.

Leave a comment:

• SKUA_28_Contessa
    replied

Name:	20180930_220645.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	460751 Got ahead of myself and had to adjust the door opening to fit the new doors contour.

Name:	20180731_121704.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	460752 Oh and by the way here is the new door.

Name:	20180930_220620.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	460753 Thin battens, to even out and curve the ceiling, which will be thin wainscote, as per the project manager.

Name:	20180930_220514~2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	460754 Close up detail of the battens and bottom of first aid and ditch bag compartment. Right next to the door, just on the opposite side from original location.

Name:	20180930_220540_HDR.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	460755 Looking into the ditch box.

Leave a comment:

• fritzman
    replied
    Great project , the thig is there is always one more thig to attack, the completed new old boat will be a sign of pride.

Leave a comment:

• SKUA_28_Contessa
    replied
    Well major structure is almost done. After the forward toerail and the cabin frames, it's all finish work. Then wiring ,electrical and plumbing. I'm sure I'll blow right through that.

It's amazing what a bad gas tank will cost you!

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    Yea SKUA is building himself a new boat within an old shell, crap ton of work happening on this boat.
    Looks fantastic dude, glad you posted updates, I'll hit the subscribe button

Leave a comment:

Working...
X