Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3055 Cockpit TV

Hello all

Thinking of hooking up a TV outside in the cockpit area on the sink side so we can sit and watch tv outside. Just wondering if anyone else has done this before. I know the antenna is on the radar arch, just wondering how to get power to the tv. Any suggestions would be appericated.

I thought of doing exactly the same, but the admiral shot the idea down. My thought was to add a surface mount outlet behind the mbss switches, my inverter is in the compartment below the sink. Cut the plug from the tv cord, drop the power cord down through the radar arch, small hole required, splice plug back to cord. I planned to seal the hole for the cord to eliminate a potential leak point during wet weather. Please update if you move the project forward. Good luck
    Yellowknife, NT. Canada
    2002 cierra 3055
    twin 350 mags mpi FWC w/B2

Comment

• SprinterX
      SprinterX commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahoy Discovery. Nice to see you back on the forum.

I did that on my 305, I will look for photos. It was mounted above the cockpit sink on a swivelmount.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

I have a couple friends with Sea Rays that did this. Works okay but I almost never see them using them. In the daytime, the TV's really aren't bright enough and at night, they watch in the cabin. Pretty easy to run power through the arch if you have fish tape.
      Doug
      Hanging Loose
      98 Carver 350 Mariner
      2013-
      KRUSTY KRAB
      2001 305
      5.7 BII
      2006-2013

Comment

I have a quick disconnect mount attached on the speaker panel for our cabin TV. No power plug in yet, I just run a short extension. Use one of those portable placemat looking HD antennas or watch DVD from the built in player. Not used very often but very nice when we have.
        Sea Venture
        2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
        Cruising the PNW and beyond.
        DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
        MMSI 316029971

Kirk
        Drinks well with others.

Comment

I put a RAM Mount 1 1/2" ball on the radar arch above the sink of my 2955.
          Wet'ever
          1989 Avanti 2955
          460 King Cobra

Comment

So I bought a Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket mount. That way I can remove the TV when I'm not there. I figured since it is only going to be used once and a while to just run an extension cord to the plug in the kitchen. I still would have like to hook it up to the TV antenna but there is no easy way to get to the cable that is in the radar arch. Right not the antenna cable is on the other side of the arch. Oh well bought a TV key and works pretty well.

And I found a TV in white to keep the Admiral happy. PS Captain Kitty likes it too.

Comment

Working...
            X