Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accesory awitches, are they not direct plug n play' anyone with pics or video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accesory awitches, are they not direct plug n play' anyone with pics or video?

Hi everyone
    I am just curious as to how someone had use the two accesory extra switches on the panel board. I wanted to use one for my strip lights but cannot seem to figure ut how to wire it,
    Eventually I will try and connect them directly to the cokpit light switch. This is on my bayliner cierra 2655 1997

Thank you
    New to boating since June 2017
    Bayliner Cierra 1997 Limited edition
    Helix 7GPS system
    Trailer-Performance
    Mercruiser 350
    F150 V8 2017 6 speed

There shouldn't be any mystery to it! A standard, two-terminal switch (SPST - Single Pole Single Throw) switch is wired in series with the power-line (12v) to the accessory. It doesn't matter which terminal of the switch is wired to the accessory. The other terminal should be wired to a 12v power source. Here you have two options. (a) find the 12v source for another switch (e.g. cockpit lights) and wire the new accessory switch to the same 12v source. Alternately, find one of the unused fuses and wire the accessory switch source to the fise (this gives you a separate fuse for the accessory).

Enjoy!
    Retired, computer expert / executive
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MonteVista View Post
      There shouldn't be any mystery to it! A standard, two-terminal switch (SPST - Single Pole Single Throw) switch is wired in series with the power-line (12v) to the accessory. It doesn't matter which terminal of the switch is wired to the accessory. The other terminal should be wired to a 12v power source. Here you have two options. (a) find the 12v source for another switch (e.g. cockpit lights) and wire the new accessory switch to the same 12v source. Alternately, find one of the unused fuses and wire the accessory switch source to the fise (this gives you a separate fuse for the accessory).

Enjoy!
      Thanks,

I will definetly try that out this coming weekend. Its interesting working under the steering whel area, may take te time to take out the front panel and work above.
      That will also allow me to re-arrange all my wirings , it looks like a maze out there.......
      New to boating since June 2017
      Bayliner Cierra 1997 Limited edition
      Helix 7GPS system
      Trailer-Performance
      Mercruiser 350
      F150 V8 2017 6 speed

Comment

Working...
      X