2859 Trailer fitment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2859 Trailer fitment

Picked up a straight bunk 15k Road King beast of a trailer for my 2859 and lo and behold, I see these hulls have a nice rocker built in them.
    It appears the peak of the rocker is roughly between the two sling points so I assume that would be close to the balance point of the boat ?
    When loaded the bulk of the boat wants to rest more on the fwd section of bunking/ hull and in turn the transom is close to an inch off the bunk tapering down to the apex of the rocker ( about 8 feet fwd of transom).
    How is everyone else dealing with this?

Are the bunks vertical 4x8's or horizontal 2x6's? The 2x6's generally conform to the hull, they flex.
    Esteban
    Detroit, MI
    Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

4X8 Vert...
      2x6 conversion could have been an option but there is a bunk bracket in proximity to the rocker area so no flexing there.
      Possibly remove the thru bolts on that middle bunk bracket and keep the wood wet for awhile maybe then it would conform - re-drill the bunk after things settle in.

Comment

Mine had 2x6’s laying flat. One on top of another. They were arched even with the boat off the trailer.
        If you loosen the middle ones will it let it sag a little?
        Esteban
        Detroit, MI
        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Target bunks up front will give just enough additional lift to the forward section of the hull so your transom can set directly on the aft portion of the main bunks.
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
          (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
          The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
          X