Installing windlass on 2855?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing windlass on 2855?

Does anyone have experience installing electric windlass on 1997 2855? I'm concerned about depth and dimensions of the anchor locker, some guys I've talked to said that I need to have enough vertical clearance to allow proper rode stowage. I am looking for advice on windlass selection and mounting options, thank you all in advance.

I have not done an install on a 2855 but have on a 1993 3055. If your anchor locker is small do you have access to storage in the v birth that you could use to hold the extra rode? Although I prefer a vertical style windlass if you get a horizontal type you need less room in the anchor locker.
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by teres View Post
      Does anyone have experience installing electric windlass on 1997 2855? I'm concerned about depth and dimensions of the anchor locker, some guys I've talked to said that I need to have enough vertical clearance to allow proper rode stowage. I am looking for advice on windlass selection and mounting options, thank you all in advance.
      While I didn't install it, my 1998 Ciera SB came with a windlass. So far we have had no issues with the anchor/rode working. Rode is combo of chain and rope. So far so good. (BTW - the pic with the ragged blue cover/dirt was from prior to purchase. Boat Yard cleaned it all up and put the new white cover on for us). Rode is accessible behind the panel hatch where the speakers are in the cabin front (bow) area. Mine also came with a spare anchor, chain and full spool of rode in the storage under the cabin bow seat. Hope that is helpful.

Attached Files
      1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
      "Sea Flights"
      5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
      Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
      MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
      Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

pgiconch & itsabowtime2 - thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll check my options and get the wallet ready for a horizontal windlass.

Comment

pgiconch & itsabowtime2 - thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll check my options and get the wallet ready for a horizontal windlass.
          Another BOC member - ksanders - has some on sale. You may want to try him out.

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...-lowest-prices

Best of luck getting one fitted. If you want more pics of my similar setup as your 2855 pm me and I can email deck and locker.
          1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
          "Sea Flights"
          5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
          Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
          MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
          Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

I have a 02 and mounted a Vertical one and works great. It does depend on how much Rode you need to carry. The hardest thing is routing the wire from the Helm.Make sure to use the proper Gauge wire also.

Comment

Earlier models mine is a 99 are roughed in for a windless including wires for local foot pedals. But be careful the battery wires are broken by the helm seat for installation of a local fuse. You can access the wires by removing the ceiling panel in the cave.
              John McLellan White Rock BC
              "Halifax Jack"
              1999 2855 383 stroker BII
              MMSI 316004337

Comment

Working...
              X