No announcement yet.

285 Owner’s page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 2011 Bayliner 285 and it gets delivered from Chicago to Sandusky, OH in mid-April. I cannot wait...very excited! I sold my 2006 Bayliner 245 last week. I was worried about having two boats as I don't have a trailer for either boat and use a marina for dockage and storage. My 285 has a 350 with B3. I had a 2008 Kayot S225 which is a 23' deck boat that weighed 4500 lbs and it had the same engine/outdrive combo. That boat could hit 58 mph with great hole shot. I am hoping this boat isn't under powered weighing in at over 8000 lbs. I don't care to go 58 mph anymore but I want to be able to get on plane in a reasonable amount of time. My first upgrade is getting SeaDek or something similar. SeaDek is expensive. I have been looking into a similar product from Aqua Marine Deck. I received some samples and the product seems to be of good quality and has a self-adhesive backing so I don't have to also buy the adhesive. I also want to upgrade the stereo system and put some speakers on the transom as we spend a lot of time on the swim platform mooring by Cedar Point. Are there any other upgrades any of you 285 owners have completed that you love? Thanks - Jeff

Comment

Glad you don't want to go 58 MPH, that won't happen LOL. I have a 2004 285 with the 350 MPI and the B-3 with tabs. The boat does not have what I consider a "hole shot", but it does climb out to a plane in a reasonable amount of time even with 6 adults and a full tank of gas. At 3800 RPMs I'm doing about 25 mph and burning about 10 GPH, pretty economical in MHO for a boat this size. Best money I have spent is the extended swim platform hands down.

Mike
      2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
      2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
      2000 Ciera 2455 sold
      Redmond, Washington
      The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Let's see some pics with your posts!!!!
        A lot of typing without uploading!! lol Cant be just Flyman and I that have photos of upgrades
        2007 285
        350 mpi b3
        Vancouver BC

Comment

Maybe the best mod ever...a porthole in the aft cabin a.k.a the bat cave .
          Has changed our living aboard dramatically! Easy to do DIY project, amazing performance in ventilation and light! It would be a pity to discard that fabulous double bed just because Bayliner never cared to fix one porthole ...We used an original Bomar/Pompanette porthole to match exactly the shape and style of the rest..

Comment

Second best modification? The solar panel! A single 140w solar panel will keep the fridge running and with moderate use of stereo and lights (changed to LEDs) will suffice for almost a week on the hook, with no engine or gen running even for a minute!

Comment

Hi, suggestion where to get aftermarket extended swim platform; for the 285, platform & installation cost? Thanks

Comment

Swim Platforms Inc has a nice unit that I decided on, we installed it ourselves, not too bad if you are a bit at all handy with tools. Cost of the unit to the house shipped was about $2200 in 2017.

Mike
                2000 Ciera 2455 sold
                Redmond, Washington

Comment

• ECS285
                  ECS285 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks

Panel.

Comment

Comment

• pgiconch
                    pgiconch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent. Very nice work and good planing.

I removed the nut but I'm having trouble pulling the steering wheel, any tips?

Comment

Changed mine last summer and once the nut was off the wheel came off easily.
                    There may be a key on the shaft that needs to be level and I think you may a specific tool to do this.
                    John
                    2005 Bayliner 285
                    6.2 Mercury Bravo 3

Comment

It's a tapered shaft with a key in it. You might need a wheel puller to break it free. Have you tried a little shot of penetrating oil?

Mike
                      2000 Ciera 2455 sold
                      Redmond, Washington

Comment

Originally posted by flyman219 View Post
                        I was asked to show a picture of my AquaMat carpets and steering wheel and dash upgrades.

Mike
                        I was looking at the mats. They look great. I was going to get a quote but what is the difference between a 2855 SU and a 2855 ST? My boat is a 1998 Cierra sunbridge but I don't know if it is a ST or SU.

Comment

Originally posted by sprad1970 View Post

I was looking at the mats. They look great. I was going to get a quote but what is the difference between a 2855 SU and a 2855 ST? My boat is a 1998 Cierra sunbridge but I don't know if it is a ST or SU.
                          SU's were year 2000 1/2 models. You have an ST
                          Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

My latest project-I pulled the carpet out of the cabin and replaced it with flex teak. I was surprised how easy the carpet came out and got it in one piece with little cutting and was able to use it as a template,
                            Took a total of 4 hours and 3 beers. I have attached before and after pcs.
                            John
                            2005 Bayliner 285
                            6.2 Mercury Bravo 3

Comment

Working...
                            X