Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuflush Replacement of Standard Pump Marine Head?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuflush Replacement of Standard Pump Marine Head?

Was hoping to get comments on the wisdom of installing a Vacuflush Head in place of my standard pump model. Is it worth it? Less trouble? More? How expensive?

With the Vacuflush you will need a separate place for the vacume tank/pump assembly.
    Ours have been reliable, but I do not know if they are any more or less reliable than a new generation electric head.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I had a vacu-flush on my 2007 305. It leaked vacuum frequently, so the vac generator ran a lot, we didn't like it. I put the power line on the water pump switch, so we had a way to turn it off at night. We have an electric (can't recall which one at the moment) in our current boat, and we're very happy with it.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "Sea Ya"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

A friend of mine out this in his boat as direct replacement of manual pump head. It's a perfect fit in the same footprint as his old one. Worked flawlessly last 4 seasons

https://youtu.be/DGRHXjaA944

https://youtu.be/_yC27HM6DEk
        Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Vacuflush also requires a fresh water source. If you have limited water, it will use part of that. I like ours, but I don't think it would be worth the expense of plumbing in a new one in place of the old hand pump.
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

I have friends removing their vacuflush systems and going to a fresh water electric. I currently have Jabsco hand pumpers and am waiting for the Seattle Boat Show to get a pair of fresh water electric flush toilets. I was told there would be a $50 rebate during the show.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
            MMSI 367770440
            1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
            Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I put one of these in 4 years ago and love it. http://www.boatersland.com/rar2-2-1-...iABEgIgZPD_BwE
              I opted to go with the fresh water model, and I have never had a problem with running out of water. I probably should of added the pump for raw water just in case but that is something I could add easily. This was a very easy install since in a 3055/305 all the water lines and waste lines are right behind the head. I did have to run power from the engine room, but that was also easy.
              Dave
              2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
              2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
              2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
              http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

The Vacuflush heads are great systems,have two on our boat and with fresh water no more smell.Like any system it must be installed and serviced correctly to function properly.
                ours DO NOT lose vacuum or run unless requested to do so.
                Brad & Sharon
                Lady Jake
                1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
                LaConner,Wa. (summer)
                2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
                kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by brad4550 View Post
                  The Vacuflush heads are great systems,have two on our boat and with fresh water no more smell.Like any system it must be installed and serviced correctly to function properly.
                  ours DO NOT lose vacuum or run unless requested to do so.
                  We have Vaccuflush heads as well. Season before last I decided to premptivly rebuild them. Not because they had any issue at all after 15 years in service, but because I did not want any issues at an inopportune time. Once you get your head wrapped around how they work Vacuflush heads are incredibly simple and reliable.

If I was putting in a new system I would probably use a Raritan head, but thats only because I would not have to plan for maintenance access for the vacume units, and because I am a huge Raritan fan.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY
                  SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

After owning several types over the years my preference by far is the Vacuflush. Mine are 10 years old and never an issue with not keeping vacuum. The best part of these is how well they flush and how little water they use.
                    Cheers, Hans
                    2007 Carver 41 CMY
                    Twin Volvo D6-370
                    Montreal, Canada
                    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

I totally agree with Jeffw. After having it for two years, it leaked. Where...i have no idea. The suction reservoir has a seal, the inside of the unit has "pelican" seals, the toilet has seals. If any of these leak, your vacuum will run on and off. I did exactly what Jeffw did...i ran the wires to a switch in the head, and turn it on only when needed. I didn't feel like changing all the seals at this time. Wish I can convert to an electric system.

Comment

Working...
                      X