2651 toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2651 toilet

After some help re the brand of marine toilet Bayliner used in the 1986 2651. Unable to find any brand name or numbers on the one we have.
    Looking to replace the seals in the manual pump.

Post a picture of it. Being a 1986 boat it might not even be the original one.
    1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
    5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

I replaced our froze broken toilet on our 1985 2550 Cierra with the Jabsco Aqua-T manual toilet, check that out on Wholesale Marine. The original looked just a little different but that is the replacement for the 2550.
      2550 Cierra, AQ260 Volvo Penta (350 Chevy)
      Laporte, CO

Comment

Here is the rebuild kit for most Jabsco manual heads, which were stock in most Bayliner Cruisers

https://boatparts4less.com/products/...000-29045-3000

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY
        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate your responses. Sourced a new replacement pump from Rusty Ron's in Nth Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by gmst2 View Post
            Thanks guys appreciate your responses. Sourced a new replacement pump from Rusty Ron's in Nth Carolina.
            I’m looking for a little constructive feedback here. The reason is that I just opened up our marine store, and in order to capture sales I have to figure out what makes boaters buy something from one merchant, vs another.

I think I found the pump at Rusty Rons ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JABSCO-TWIS...item2f11ed1e65

He has the pump for $79.99 OEM surplus new old stock

I have the same pump for $74.99 OEM new

https://boatparts4less.com/search?q=29040

So the question is... and remember this is in the light of helping me improve my store...

Why his store over ours?
            Did you not go to our store (making us have zero chance of selling it to you?)
            If you went to our store were you able to find the item?
            If you went to our store, and you went to the ther guys store, what influenced your purchase decision?

Again, this is for improvement purposes only. The actual “profit” on that purchase is less valuable than the time i have spent formulating my questions and typing them out in a semi logical fashion. This is much bigger picture for me. If I can supply the shopping experience boaters want then I can be successful at this new endevor.

Thanks!

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Happy to respond your questions, I was unaware of your store but have since had a look through it and it looks pretty impressive. You certainly have a lot to offer.

For me the biggest factor is my location, Tasmania, Australia and from what I read at this stage you don't offer international shipping.

In sourcing parts I generally do a search for the particular item, in this case the manual pump. In Australia they are $199.00 plus $20.00 freight!!
              Even with international freight of $35.00 it is way more cost effective to purchase in the US.
              As per any search a variety of options come up, and, the Ebay stores are generally high on the list. I normally don't look beyond the 3rd or 4th page with emphasis on those who ship to Australia.
              Except for the new engine all my replacement parts for the rebuild of my 2651 have come from the States, sourced from a variety of companies.

Kevin I wish you every success with your marine business, it is a very competitive market.

Regards, Peter.

Comment

Like Peter, I would also point out that in some of my network searches I don't recall seeing the item from your store listed. It may be that it comes up much further "downstream" of all the Google results and thus my first 10 or so review of items does not reflect your store. This is a technical thing with Google far above my understanding but I have heard that Google responses can be "stacked" to favor certain vendors (esp eBay). I also just looked in your store, and you have a HWH that I have been looking at elsewhere, and within a few dollars of the other offers. I would/will certainly consider your store when I am ready to pull that trigger, presuming that the total - with shipping etc is still within a reasonable difference. Even if a few dollars more, just because you are a BOC affiliate. Hope once I get beyond the current project list, and the HWH, you have the correct windshield wiper arm and blade! As Peter said, it is a competitive arena, and the two most important issues to most folks I suspect are price and MFG/quality. Glad to know you are out there and look forward to spending some business your way.
                1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
                "Sea Flights"
                5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
                Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
                MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
                Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Thanks Guys!

With the marine business line we are trying to learn the market. We are very experienced with high dollar low volume sales based on internet advertising, but the marine world is much lower dollar, with volume making up for very low margins.

Right now my store is so new it does not come up on google searches. It might eventually but not yet. Here on the BOC is the only place you will likely find it for now. Ebay is a difficult market, because of the fees, and the concept that you need to hand create ebay listings.

Thanks again, the only way I can make this work is through feedback t make the shopping experience better than the other stores.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY
                  SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                    Thanks Guys!

With the marine business line we are trying to learn the market. We are very experienced with high dollar low volume sales based on internet advertising, but the marine world is much lower dollar, with volume making up for very low margins.

Right now my store is so new it does not come up on google searches. It might eventually but not yet. Here on the BOC is the only place you will likely find it for now. Ebay is a difficult market, because of the fees, and the concept that you need to hand create ebay listings.

Thanks again, the only way I can make this work is through feedback t make the shopping experience better than the other stores.
                    I was not aware that you opened a marine store ... good to know! I will check it out next time I'm looking for something.

When I search for parts I usually start with price, availability and recommendations which could be merchant reviews or word of mouth which is always better.
                    2003 Bayliner 245
                    2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Working...
                    X