3270 Cockpit lights not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Cockpit lights not working

The two lights over the table and the the two on the port side padded panel will not turn on. They have been working but turning off and coming back on in a few minutes randomly. They now wont turn on. Before I start following wires, is this a common thing with a common fix?

Thanks
    Santa Cruz CA
    "Molly Ray "
    1981 -3270
    Volvo AQ140's

You got a bad connection somewhere. If you bridge the wires at the switch and the lights come on, it's the switch. The fuse block behind the lower helm is another place to check . Make sure the fuses have good contact and the wiring is secure. A voltage meter would be helpful as well if you know how to use it.
    "Martini's Law"
    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Did you have any luck resolving this?
      1987 Bayliner Avanti 3255
      Twin OMC 5.7L 4V

Comment

Exactly the same scenario over here. I plan to update and replace my lights and hopefully solve the problem along the way! Did you figure yours out?
        Bayliner 3270 1987

Comment

Lights all working now. Replaced fuse under helm. Also had bad switches on the upper aft starboard rocker switches. Kinda cool because I never used those switches before. One turns on cabin lights, one for back lighting above windows, one for the galley light and haven't figure out the fourth one yet. Really nice when I leave the boat now I can turn off all the lights right at the door as I leave. Also super handy to light up a dark boat on arrival.
          Santa Cruz CA
          "Molly Ray "
          1981 -3270
          Volvo AQ140's

Comment

The fourth one should control the fixture located outside next to the FB stairs.
            CapMartin, Montr├®al
            "Belle de Dalhousie"
            1986 3270
            Volvo BB225B

Comment

Working...
            X