No announcement yet.

Looking at a 3055, price check and what to look for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take your time and find one with AC and a Genny. It wont cost much more but will make it a lot easier to sell when the time comes. I had 5.7s but I've been on 5.0s and they are fine. If you've got a full crew, you have trim tabs to help. Pay attention to the canvas and glass. It's often overlooked on used boat hunting and people are shocked at the cost to have it replaced. If you think you've found the right boat, spend the dough for a survery.
    Doug
    Hanging Loose
    98 Carver 350 Mariner
    2013-
    KRUSTY KRAB
    2001 305
    5.7 BII
    2006-2013

Comment

Originally posted by carguy View Post
      Take your time and find one with AC and a Genny. It wont cost much more but will make it a lot easier to sell when the time comes. I had 5.7s but I've been on 5.0s and they are fine. If you've got a full crew, you have trim tabs to help. Pay attention to the canvas and glass. It's often overlooked on used boat hunting and people are shocked at the cost to have it replaced. If you think you've found the right boat, spend the dough for a survery.
      Great point on the canvas. A new enclosure will set you back $3,500 minimum.
      Dan
      1999 Bayliner 3055
      2003 Triumph 150 CC
      2016 Yamaha VX Delux

Comment

I am aware of the cost of canvas, I have purchased it for one of my older boats. I also have a friend that is a certified marine surveyor and I will call him when I find something. There are a lot of the 3055's out there but not too many in my area unfortunately. I geny would be nice but not necessary, I guess for resale it would help though. Thanks for the advice. If anyone knows of any 3055's for sale please pm me the info.
        1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Comment

I went to look at the 99 3055 today, very nice boat but as expmg pointed out there is a little bit of rot in the engine bay. The bulkhead right in front of the port motor is junk, the other side is solid and both engines need engine water pumps and would need impellers replaced also. As far as broken stuff goes the hot water tank needs replaced and the windlass doesn't work from the foot switches but works from the helm. I offered him 30k pending further inspection of the stringers, waiting to hear back from the broker. The little bulk head doesn't seem to structural but would need to be replaced for the boat to be correct.
          1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Comment

Ready to go with genset $28K

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...435772339.html
            Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Price is very dependent upon location. A nice '99/00 3055 in the PNW is a 35-45K boat depending upon options. Midwest it is probably a 25-30K boat.

For cruisers thrust and torque makes a big difference. The larger prop's offer more thrust versus the first generation 3055's that only came with Alpha drives in the twin set up. They are 2 different boats/hulls but I can tell you from owning both the larger wheels dockside make a huge difference.

From previous posts the 3055/305 with 5.0's produce a top end in the low to mid 30's, depending upon load and conditions. Cruise in the upper 20's. Plenty for most applications. The 5.7's, carb, will give better top end and slightly higher cruising speed at perhaps a few hundred RPM's less than the 5.0's. MPI engines and 7.4's higher top end speed in the 50-ish range. My 3055 has achieved 50 on GPS.

The 305/3055 is a fantastic boat.
              Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
              1998 3055 Ciera
              (yes, a 1998)
              Previous boat: 1993 3055
              Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
              Sea Doo XP
              Sea Doo GTI SE
              Life is short. Boats are cool.
              The family that plays together stays together.
              Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Well I bought it! Final price of 31K. I had a the stringers inspected and they are good, got a price of 4-500 to fix the bad piece of wood in front of the port engine. Looking forward to getting out of storage in April. Here is a link to it http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...srg)-103089857
                1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Comment

Good luck. You will love your 3055, great boat. Hope you have a wonderful season.
                  Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                  West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                  www.wrycc.com

Comment

Congrats. Time to get her dialed up and let the good times roll. Great boats and excellent for the DIYer. I 2nd RGrew176, "Hope you have a wonderful season."
                    Sea Venture
                    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
                    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
                    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
                    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
                    Drinks well with others.

Comment

3055 is a great boat! - I imported mine from the US 4 years ago and have spent a heap on her - it has 5.0's and every option available so is quite heavy. My wife and I have cruised up the Australian East coast in her at a respectable 24 - 25 kts @ 3600 rpm. A friend has a 3055 with 5.7's and similar gear, it would cruise a couple of kts faster at similar rpm but really you cant tell.. Great boat and we spend a lot of extended time on ours... Enjoy!!!!
                      2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
                      "Summerized"
                      MMSI 503024850
                      Volvo Penta D3-220's DPS DuoProps (2018)
                      RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

Working...
                      X