Looking at a 3055, price check and what to look for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a 3055, price check and what to look for

I am going to go look at a 1999 3055, twin 5.0L carbureted engines, new camper and mooring cover, clean upholstery inside and out, good gel coat for a 99, everything else is in proper order, A/C,no generator. Also comes with a great trailer. What price range is good for this boat and are there any specific things to look for other than the usual maintenance items, bellows and such?
    1994 2655, 5.7, alpha 1 gen 2

That'll be a nice improvement in space and comfort over your 2655.

Prices will vary based on your location, the boats condition, upgrades and electronics. I'd suggest researching yachtworld, your local craigslist and other boat classifieds.
    We've had ours for five years now and can't really think of any model specific things to watch out for. There's plenty of improvements and upgrades but you're not asking about that.
    Not sure what the value of the trailer would be but should be easy to find out.
    Have a good mechanical and hull survey and if the sea trial checks out make your educated offer.
    Good luck and keep us advised.
    Sea Venture
    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
    Drinks well with others.

Comment

Thx Sprinter, I have always loved the 3055 and think I can finally afford it and found one close to me, owned 4 Bayliners now and need some more room. The are asking 38k for it but I am looking in the 32k range and think I may have a chance at it. Will keep you posted!

Comment

1999 with twin 5.0 is base model. Should be under $30K all day.. "What to look for?" Too broad a question. Pay a surveyor.
        Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Agree w MSD58 -
          It's a great boat; better w 5.7's, but still only worth in mid to upper 20's.
          Add for lifelong fresh water, lifelong service records, indoor or covered storage
          IMHO, electronics are inconsequential unless new in past couple years.
          Survey hull and engines!
          Good luck, don't get anxious or hasty -- there are plenty out there . . .
          John

2000 3055
          1998 2452
          JHS
          98 2452 5.0 A1G2
          00 3055 T5.7 BII

Comment

Thanks for the info, I am going to look at it between Christmas and new years. Are the 5.0's strong enough to move the boat without it being a pig? Yes it is a 1 owner fresh water boat only also used on the river 5 months out of the year, currently in heated storage for the winter.

Comment

the 5.0's are gonna have to work a little harder but many with them will tell you they perform fine.

I would disagree with Jhs3750 on the price for these boats and say they should sell for more in the mid to upper 30's if they survey in good condition and have a few extras.
              Sea Venture
              2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
              Cruising the PNW and beyond.
              DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
              MMSI 316029971

Kirk
              Drinks well with others.

Comment

Vogs - is this boat located in Ohio? reason I ask is we looked at one that is very similar in description and the boat has issues
                Harry
                Living for the Weekend
                2000 Bayliner 3055
                Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I know prices can vary significantly based on condition, but I bought a 1999 3055 in August here in Atlanta. Fresh water boat with the 5.7s and a generator. Very clean interior, but I had to put some money into the outdrives ($2K) and it needs bottom paint. I paid $28,500 and felt good about it, but I really think that's probably about the right number. All that said, it's an awesome boat!
                  1999 Bayliner 3055

Comment

Just re-read your original post, I don't have a trailer, so the trailer/generator thing may be a push.
                    1999 Bayliner 3055

Comment

expmg yes the boat is in Canfield Ohio. It has a teal green canvas set on it, is this the boat you are talking about, what were the issues also. There was a another 3055 listed in Ohio with out a trailer that just sold from craigslist, it was in Vermillion Ohio and it sold cheep.

Comment

5.0 vs 5.7 makes for a big difference but may not be a big deal in your case.... It really comes into play based on anticipated use and setup. If you plan to use it like a runabout with the occasional overnight trip for 2-4 people then the 5.0 is fine. If you plan to travel to the boats max range for weekend trips with 4 people, a dingy and outboard on davits, the 5.7 is a must.

In considering the value of the boat your looking at, it would be good to know engine hours. Generally speaking, I like the price of 38k with a trailer as a starting point.

best of luck on the upsize, we love ours!
                        Yellowknife, NT. Canada
                        2002 cierra 3055
                        twin 350 mags mpi FWC w/B2

Comment

The 5.0's will be fine for just about anything you choose to do with that boat. When I bought my 99 3055 I did order it with twin 5.7's. 2 friends of mine had the same year boat but with the 5.0's. When we did cruise together they had to apply just a bit more throttle to keep up with me. Not that big of a deal. IMO this is one boat that Bayliner did not underpower. The 5.0's are fine.
                          Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                          West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                          www.wrycc.com

Comment

Vogs see below post regarding this boat - everything looked nice on it but serious concern with rotted wood in engine compartment - what we saw could be fixed - what would be more concerning would be what cannot be seen - trailer in very good condition. If your are going to consider make sure you get core samples from stringers
                            the 3055 in Vermillion was a piece of crap - lot of water in bilge , definitely bad gimbals, interior was in bad shape, looked like it has not seen wax in 20 years , helm dash board cracked like i have never seen, canvas mold and ripped (the guy described the boat as immaculate shape - we were mortified)
                            friend of mine is looking at a 1999 3055 to replace his 27 foot Sea Ray as he loves the setup of my boat , the one we looked at appears to in general overall
                            Harry
                            Living for the Weekend
                            2000 Bayliner 3055
                            Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Interesting perspectives . . .
                              I'd sell mine for 28, or maybe 26,000.
                              low hr 5.7's, grt condition, genset, 16.5BTU air/heat
                              all options, lift kept
                              2 others for sale down here - freshwater kept (river) but salt exposed I'm sure - nearby
                              best all around boat ever. Unfortunately, I'm aging out --
                              John
                              JHS
                              98 2452 5.0 A1G2
                              00 3055 T5.7 BII

Comment

Working...
                              X