Aft Storage Compartment Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aft Storage Compartment Repair

The floor under the deck at the aft storage compartments have cracked and started to rot in the center. I am getting ready to cut out the stock epoxy 3/8 ply. I have two options for repair. 1. Thicker piece of plywood encapsulated in epoxy. And then epoxy final top side to fill all joints, voids and weather proof. This option is less expensive and less time consuming. Option 2 epoxy encapsulate plywood, and fiberglass top, cover with epoxy. 2nd option would create some tough water drainage angles to motor bilge. Hoping my signature information still shows up on post. We'll see.
    Winchester Bay OR. 1992 2452 Classic. 2016 5.7 MPI 300HP. 1.47 Alpha1 Gen 2, 16" X 16 pitch.

Seems like the easiest/less cost option would be best. After all, the original floors lasted over 25 years. Let us know what you find under the floor. I assume it contains foam but not sure.
    Larry Purcell
    1999 2452 Classic
    Merc 5.0L, Alpha 1 Gen 2
    San Diego, CA

Comment

Cut out the plywood aft storage deck floor. Under the storage floor is fiber glass. You can see the wood stringers through the clear glass all looks good. Still scratching my head on moisture under deck though.The boat is uncovered in My drive way. My forward bilge area has a small amount of water coming from somewhere. I drilled 2- 1/ 2 holes next to the drain plug. The starboard hole is about 2 inches away from plug. The drillings were a fiberous material (brown high density foam maybe). It appears to be moist but not saturated. When I drilled the exploratory holes no water drained out.
      Winchester Bay OR. 1992 2452 Classic. 2016 5.7 MPI 300HP. 1.47 Alpha1 Gen 2, 16" X 16 pitch.

Comment

Working...
      X