2755 through hull transducer installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2755 through hull transducer installation

Drilling a hole for a through hull transducer in the next 48 hours. Any advice - preferred location(s), dumb stuff to avoid. I've got a GSD 22 with a through mount transducer that needs to go in but I'm having hole drill remorse. Sorry if this has been asked 100 times - the search function on this forum doesn't turn up much - Google turns up lots but the new software fails the Google links.
    R.J.(Bob) Evans
    Buchanan, SK
    Cierra 2755
    Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
    Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
    Drilling a hole for a through hull transducer in the next 48 hours. Any advice - preferred location(s), dumb stuff to avoid. I've got a GSD 22 with a through mount transducer that needs to go in but I'm having hole drill remorse. Sorry if this has been asked 100 times - the search function on this forum doesn't turn up much - Google turns up lots but the new software fails the Google links.
    If you drill through the hull for a transducer be sure you have a fairing to make sure the transducer points straight down, a fairing will also move the transducer down out of the air bubble line and then will show a clearer image.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
    X