No announcement yet.

2452 Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have not removed the monkey fur myself, but I've read quite a bit about it. Much of the disintegration/dusting appears to be due to solar exposure.
    The removal sounds like quite a pain - some people use goo-gone or an adhesive remover and peal away, others just use a wire brush to abrade it off. Make sure you have respiratory protection no matter what. Watch out for wires and such underneath. Once you get under the monkey fur you will inevitably have a rough, pretty gnarly looking surface. Some people use an epoxy to smooth it out. Many people do paint it. Issues with paint can be condensation, mold and lack of sound dampening. Others put up vinyl or another carpet/monkey fur. Some have even done a slat roof (though that's often in sail boats for the aesthetic). Here is a good link talking about different experiences with different methods: http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/...ide-fiberglass

As for replacing the interior lights I'm not sure about the older model 2542s. On the 242, you can just swap out the old bulbs with an LED bulb. I used G4 5050 LEDs. They're very cheap on ebay. If someone can't confirm they will work in your fixtures, I would just buy one and give it a try. The only modification I had to make was snipping the leads down every so slightly so they would fit in the housing.
    David W. PDX, OR
    2002 Bayliner 2452XE Ciera
    5.0L Mercruiser (carbed) w/ A1 gen 2 drive
    (14.5"x15" 4-blade Solas Aluminum Prop)
    1984 2070 Explorer w/ Alaskan Bulkhead (SOLD)

Comment

1998 2452 Repowering. This might belong in technical forum but here goes.
      I've gone from 5.0 220 hp carb to a reman 5.7 f.i. rated at 300 hp which I'm pretty excited to try. I'm not sure about the original prop, I might have to change that out. Any other things to watch out for? Drive is original alpha 1 gen 2 whch is probably near the top of it's rating.

And swim step / swim platform. I only have the original starboard side small step and ladder. We need more. Full width would be nice and deeper (into the water) than one step . I recall reading here over the years that some found a source for better solutions. Ideas? We aren't the smallest people and at 6 '3" I find it hard to contort my legs up on the ladder, plus one side gave way under duress. So now I use the drive which isn't good.

Hard to believe the boat is 20 years old. I still love it! I have a new life and partner so I decided to reinvent the boat, rename it and re-Christen her. My girl agrees with me!

Comment

• hawgcaller
        hawgcaller commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a swim platform from swimplatforms.com for a total cost of $1,671 a year ago and installed myself following their instructions. You will need a helper. It is one of those mods you won't regret and I also installed a couple of fishing seats on the platform.

I would check your A1G2 drive ratio first...
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Hello i will be watching this with interest. I bought 2452 with a blown motor (marine crate rated for 280 or so 2 barrel). I installed a 300 + hp with a 4 barrel quick fuel and an edelbrock manifold. After 4 different prop trials i ended up with a 15.25x15 which is the same prop that came with the prop.it had a new leg put on it when i bought it i dont have the ratio handy but it seemed different from most on here. I dont have the boat available to check for you right now. Too much snow here still.
        i did go with the bennett drop tabs and it gets up on plane quick.
        just still not as happy as I could be with overall performance.
        i am goimg to get the carb set by someone who knows better than me and see if it helps.
        unfortunately i dont have the starting comparison to judge.
        wayne
        1996 - 2452 - repowered 350/300 HP, 600 Quick Fuel, Edelbrock, Aplha One 15.5 x 15
        1997 - 195- Repowered 4.3, Edelbrock 4 Barrel Aplha One Stainless, 19 pitch

Comment

N1EDU, I replaced the 5.0 engine in my 2003 2452 last fall with the MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI. I have about 35 hours on the new engine and have been very happy with it. Tremendous improvement in performance. Starts instantly and idles perfectly in any weather. My old one behaved poorly until it warmed up to full temp. I also replaced the transom plate and gimbal housing, and the exhaust. Mine has a 3 year old Alpha 1 drive and it all works great.
          Pescatore
          2003 Bayliner 2452
          MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI (2017)
          Alpha I outdrive
          Elliott Bay Marina - Seattle

Comment

• FIshon
            FIshon commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you change your prop after the motor change?

I'm in

Comment

Has anyone added extra fuel tanks to a 1997 2452?
            Thanks
            1996 - 2452 - repowered 350/300 HP, 600 Quick Fuel, Edelbrock, Aplha One 15.5 x 15
            1997 - 195- Repowered 4.3, Edelbrock 4 Barrel Aplha One Stainless, 19 pitch

Comment

• Ponch
              Ponch commented
              Editing a comment
              The previous owner of my 2001 2452 put in a 33 gallon aux tank on the starboard side and moved batteries to the port side. Don't do it! Really had to work hard to get up on plane, and I was always messing with trim tabs. I removed it when I replaced my motor because it was such a headache.

• FIshon
              FIshon commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Ponch.!

Removed the old disgusting rear seat and added "storage doors". Minimal cutting required. Bought a cooler seat pad for my RTIC cooler, which is always back there anyway. Honda 2000 Generator fits in there perfectly for transport.
            2001 Bayliner 2452 357mag (325hp) Bravo 3 (yes 3!!!) Fishin' for Ribbon
            1985 Steiger Craft Hunky Dory 16' original 25hp Johnson ShesGood

Comment

Frustrated.

The Bayliner website shows the fuel sending unit for the 2001 2452XE available.

Went to Sea Ray dealer today and they say it is no longer available but bring mine in and they would fit a universal unit which would need to be cut down.

Any ideas where I might find the direct replacement?
              2001 Bayliner 2452
              Thunderbolt 350
              Bravo II

Comment

Pull yours out and measure ithe tank depth then look for a replacement online, like here:
                http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...iABEgKc2PD_BwE
                Dave
                Edmonds, WA
                "THE FIX"
                '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
                (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
                The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                Misc. projects thread
                https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Newbie boater here with a 1993 2452 Classic. Cant wait to read & learn more from this "thread"

Comment

Two quick user help questions for this forum:
                    1. How do you post a reply to a post? I don’t see a reply button and haven’t figured it out.
                    2. How do you delete a post in the Classifed section (after the item has been sold)?

Thanks!
                    Pescatore
                    2003 Bayliner 2452
                    MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI (2017)
                    Alpha I outdrive
                    Elliott Bay Marina - Seattle

Comment

Working...
                    X