Bayliner 245 chrome vent replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 245 chrome vent replacement

Im looking at replacing the 3 chrome vents at the rear starboard side of our 245SB 2004, i can see you need to remove the waste water and fresh water tank, has anyone done this ?

Advice on the tank removal would be great pics or video
    Ross
    Skipper of "Greek Princess"
    Bayliner 245 SB(2004) 5.0L Alpha 1 Gen 2
    I started with nothing and still have most of it left

I have a Bayliner 2355 Cierra (Very Similar boats I think) I replaced my vents last year. I did remove the water tank, which sits on top of the holding tank but not the holding tank. This provided me enough room to access the back of the vents to loosen the nut on them.
    Walter
    1999 Byliner 2355 Ciera
    5.7 Mercruiser, Carb
    Alpha One Gen II
    Boston, Ma.
    Boynton Beach Fl.

Comment

• rossyoung
      rossyoung commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your assistance that's what I thought

I have done this in a -00 2455 ciera. It is pretty straight forward. Remove the tank holder, it's easier to remove tanks and work around in that area if your remove the upper tank holding board all the way. It can also be done without removing the back end of the board. Witch works for you best. Remove hoses from the freshwater tank. You might want to use a plastic bag and tape to cover the hose ends. Now you can lift and slide the freshwater tank out of the boat. Next you can remove the board between the tanks. Next you can remove and plug hoses from the holding tank. When removing holding tank from the boat you might want to plug the hose coupling from tank side, I prefer to plug the aft, as it was facing down as I remove the tank from the engine bay.
    now you can Access the vents easily. Remove hose and remove nut from the vent. Then twist and push the vent out.
    You might want chance the waste tank hoses while the tanks are off.
    I also resealed the hose couplings in the tanks.

Comment

Thank you for your help appreciate the tips on the holding tank....re plumbing that must be the worst job on the boat
      Ross

Comment

Just a foot note to this, I didn't need to remove the water tank, the yard where i got lifted drilled them out from the out side and I used the access hole in the rear Starboard side to remove old breather stock and was able to reconnect onto the new ones. Turned out to be a lot easier than I had expected
        Ross

Comment

Additional pics showing access
          Ross

Comment

Working...