Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: Capri cuddy rain soaked carpets

Capri cuddy rain soaked carpets 16 Aug 2017 18:32 #1

• gibbet2
  • gibbet2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello. New member here. Bought a 1997 bayliner Capri cuddy. In good condition. I've had it in my driveway for about a week now. It's been raining heavy and noticed the carpets at front of boat near the seats is soaking wet. I have sealed windows gaps but water still getting in. Seems to be getting in somewhere behind the panel where the radio stereo is and dripping down into the floor below. Any idea where it is getting in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi. I'm a total newbie to boating. So will no doubt have lots of questions. Apologies in advance. Just bought a 1997 Capri cuddy 2052 LS. Haven't had it out on the water yet but hope to very soon.. Name is Kevin and I live in rainy Ireland.

Capri cuddy rain soaked carpets 16 Aug 2017 18:47 #2

• Pcpete
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Welcome! Please add some boat information and area where you live to you signature.
Check your rub rail caulking as well as any drains under the windshield frame. The next thing I'd do is put a sprinkler on the bow, turn it on so it's a soaking spray, then go in the boat and look for incoming water. You may have to change the angle of the boat to ensure you have located and addressed all of them.

P/C Pete
Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
1988 3818 "GLAUBEN"
1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
MMSI 367770440
1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Capri cuddy rain soaked carpets 16 Aug 2017 19:44 #3

• Ion66
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 74
On my 96 2252LS cuddy, the hinged window at the front does not seal as it's designed. Mine has a good sized gap, and seems to allow water to flow in around the dash. Some goes into a large well area, in the floor, in front of the cuddy doors, but some just pours in. I ended up running some adhesive backed, foam strip at the access window, and a rubber flap on the lower frame. In the end. we just moved the boat to a marina with a covered slip, and removed the snap-out carpet. If we had stayed with an outside slip, I was considering adding an outside "curtain" of canvas, that would snap to either the existing canvas, or the windshield, and keep the sun off the dash, while also directing water off the windshield, and down the deck.

1996 2252 LS Capri Cuddy Cabin. Merc. 5.7L . Port Perry, Ontario, Canada.
Last Edit: by Ion66.

Capri cuddy rain soaked carpets 12 Sep 2017 21:36 #4

• gibbet2
  • gibbet2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for that. I have checked the rub rail caulking and tried to reseal some parts. But in the rain the inside of the boat especially where the panels are with the radio speakers are soaked through. Is it possible to remove the inner panels to see exactly where rain is getting in?

Hi. I'm a total newbie to boating. So will no doubt have lots of questions. Apologies in advance. Just bought a 1997 Capri cuddy 2052 LS. Haven't had it out on the water yet but hope to very soon.. Name is Kevin and I live in rainy Ireland.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds