Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: Coming back to the forum

Coming back to the forum 13 May 2017 17:12 #1

• mattkab
  • mattkab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all!

A few years ago I was on this forum when we had a 28' Contessa flybridge. We sold that boat when we purchased our current 34' single diesel trawler. We've had a great time with that boat, but when we bought it we knew it wasn't a "forever boat" -- it was a good boat that would serve us well for a few years until we moved on. It did, and we are starting to.

I'm back because we've decided to buy a new-to-us 4588.

The actual vessel has not been found, but we have been looking at different models through the internet, boat shows, brokerages, and just walking docks. A few months ago, we really started to focus our attention at the 4588/4788 Bayliners. Love the pilothouse. Love the salon. Love the convertible 3rd stateroom. It also fits our planned usage very well.

We decided to go with the 4588 over the 4788 essentially because of finances. I start a new job on Monday, so we are fairly certain what our income will be, at least for the near future. And with that information I called a few loan brokers to get "pre-approved" (I know, there's no such real thing in boat buying, but it was for budgeting reasons). The 4588 is easy for us to get into, while the 4788 would take doing some things financially that I'm just not willing to do right now -- as my wife put it, we don't want to become "boat poor", with a beautiful yacht, and no cash or savings for emergencies or later needs. It really came down to the down payment.

So, now that I've decided on the model, we are starting to look at individual vessels. I'll probably start a new thread on the motoryacht forum to discuss findings, but thought I'd follow forum etiquette and re-introduce myself.

One last thing: If I am talking about anyone's personal boat, I really don't mean to criticize or demean in a negative way. I don't expect this to be a problem, but sometimes tone doesn't come across well in text. Everyone has their own tastes and requirements, and they may or may not mix with ours. The fact that we looked at the boat means we are interested in it. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks,
Matt B.
1986 Contessa Flybridge with Twin Volvo 5.0L engines -- SOLD
1984 CHB Trawler -- FOR SALE
https://mvcesc.wordpress.com/

Coming back to the forum 13 May 2017 19:11 #2

• brad4550
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Matt
Welcome back....you've picked a great boat to get,we love ours and have completed many projects /modifications.A close friend of mine Dan Byrd is a yacht broker, It would be worth tour time to talk to him,509-929-3535 he's in LaConner and he is the best.....good luck Brad
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattkab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brad & Sharon
Lady Jake
1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
LaConner,Wa. (summer)
2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds