Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: 2001 2452 hardtop void for cables

2001 2452 hardtop void for cables 27 Apr 2017 03:20 #1

• JCBIII
  • JCBIII's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone know how much room is between the inner and outer fiberglass hardtop on a 2452? And am I correct that the wireway is on the starboard side glass support trim on the side glass?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2001 2452 hardtop void for cables 27 Apr 2017 21:34 #2

• Dadrock33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SE of York, PA
  • Thank you received: 71
Hey there, JCBIII!! Welcome to our version of the puddle!!

There is about 1/4" (if that) in the center of the hardtop . . . . most of the room is around the edges where the molds were dipped to strengthen the fiberglass. Yes, the majority of the wires running up to the hardtop (for searchlights, VHF radios, etc.) run up the starboard "tube". I purchased a translucent plug (about 1", I think) and then drilled a hole into the hardtop from the aft end. This allowed me to run a couple of electrical fish tapes up from the front of the hardtop (installing a helm fan . . I'm hot :S ) and then connect with another one I inserted into the hole. Voila! It was done . . . took me more time to play around with doing it the old way than it was to drill the hole and be done with it.

1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
James H. Stradling
Last Edit: by Dadrock33.

2001 2452 hardtop void for cables 03 May 2017 23:14 #3

• Matlow
  • Thank you received: 8

JCBIII wrote: Does anyone know how much room is between the inner and outer fiberglass hardtop on a 2452? And am I correct that the wireway is on the starboard side glass support trim on the side glass?

On an '01 the wires run up the channel at the back of the stbd window. There are two rivets holding it in, just drill them out and slip the channel off the back of the window. Wish I knew that before I drilled one inch holes top and bottom and hid my wiring in convolute...

There is a lot of room in the deckhead except right in the centre where Bayliner glued the inner and upper "shells" together I assume to avoid any vibration "buzz" or noise issue. There are 2 or so inches everywhere in the hard top. I also found a spare 12v supply and ground Bayliner left up in the cockpit deckhead. I have pics somewhere of when I opened mine up and dried out the moisture when I installed a new radar, GPS antenna, plus cockpit mood lighting. I will post if I find them.

They are here in this post: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/owners-lists/13306-2452-owners?start=1475#613374

Cheers Dave

'02 2452 Cierra
5.7 Bravo 2,
2003 Yamaha 9.9 EXRB
all on a 2013 Road Runner 6500lb Bunk trailer.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds