Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: New Byliner 2355 owner

New Byliner 2355 owner 02 Jun 2016 22:40 #1

• Learywr
  • Learywr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,

I am Walter. I recently purchased a 1999 Byliner 2355 Ciera in April of this year. I wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to the power boat world and will most likely have a few dozen questions in the future. (maybe more ! )

I have been, and still, a sailor with a Catalina 30, sailing out of Boston Harbor for the past 15+ years. I recently retired and we spend most of the winter in south Florida. (Boynton Beach). Thus the Bayliner 2355 purchase. I have to admit that the purchase of this boat was mostly based on getting a spot in the marina close to our house. But .... so far I am actually thrilled. Perfect for going exploring the Intracoastal ......and maybe even the keys ! My wife was hesitant when I took the boat out for a sea trial and had to be towed back in, as the exhaust risers blew ! But in the end that was a blessing it happened then, as the owner, marina, and myself, shared the cost of new risers. I have only had it out 5-6 times since I purchased it....but it runs like a dream. (lot faster than a sailboat ! ). I will try and attach a picture of the boat....but not sure about navigating this site yet ! )

From reading previous posts on this site.....It looks like there is a wealth of information to be had....just for the asking ! and believe me .....I will ask.
So.....I will thank you all now ! for the info you will eventually help me with.

BTW.....the 1999 Bayliner Ciera 2355 was never named.......(incredible after so many years) so ......what do you think. My sailboat is named " Bay Tripper"

I have till the Fall before I will probably get back to Florida.......Don;t want to miss out out sailing season in Boston......... But "Bay Tripper II" seems to bla.

Thanks for all the background info you have already given me....and I look forward to all you expertise in the future. !!!!!!

Walter

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1999 Byliner 2355 Ciera
5.0 Mercruiser, Carb
Alpha One Gen II
Boynton Beach Fl.

New Byliner 2355 owner 02 Jun 2016 22:46 #2

• canoel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 669
Welcome to the forum!!

Joel
1987 3818 Hino 175
"Knotty Girl"
Prince Rupert B.C.

New Byliner 2355 owner 02 Jun 2016 22:48 #3

• MidnightSun
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Congrats, you will enjoy it I am sure. A 2355 was actually my first Bayliner, 1997 to be exact. I suggest you enter your location, your model, engine and drive as without this helping you with your questions is next to impossible. Enter this info in your signature like most do here. Welcome by the way.

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

New Byliner 2355 owner 02 Jun 2016 23:13 #4

• Learywr
  • Learywr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Will Do....Thanks for the input

1999 Byliner 2355 Ciera
5.0 Mercruiser, Carb
Alpha One Gen II
Boynton Beach Fl.

New Byliner 2355 owner 03 Jun 2016 01:31 #5

• Drifter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Welcome.
Does it look like this

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Mike &Ulla
2355 Bayliner SJ
Cowichan Bay,B.C
Casara Pilot
Photo Album
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds