Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: Get me home kicker motor installation

Get me home kicker motor installation 16 Apr 2016 15:55 #1

• Okay
  • Okay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Morning BOC members,
I am new member from NC with a 1985 Contessa sun bridge, single 5.7 (350 GM) and Volvo Penta 280 (I think) out drive. Have owned boat since 1995 and had a great relationship. Mostly on fresh water lakes but occasionally trailer to Gulf Shores AL and gulf and intercostal runs.
I am interested in installing a Kicker motor to the swim platform before I take a trip down the Tenn River to Tom Bigbee to Mobile and then over to Gulf Shores. I need HELP, need any and all information you can provide on , size of motor, motor mounting bracket on swim platform, steering, installation tips, any past experiences with using this kicker motor set up. Will only be using in case of engine failure. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Captain JoJo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Get me home kicker motor installation 17 Apr 2016 01:00 #2

• canoel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 676
Welcome to the forum!!
For a heavy boat you will want one of the high thrust models. I am a big fan of the 9.9 Yamaha high thrust long shaft.
The high thrust motors, have lower gears, and swing a larger prop for more torque.
You want the long shaft to get below the hull to the non turbulent water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joel
1987 3818 Hino 175
"Knotty Girl"
Prince Rupert B.C.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds