Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: Introduction/

Introduction/ 12 Apr 2016 19:54 #1

• ksnelson13
  • ksnelson13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Owner - "Salish Seahawk"; 1986 Bayliner 4550 PH.
  • Thank you received: 0
I joined BOC almost 2 years ago. Been pretty busy with my job (PSNS Bremerton) & my boat work to introduce myself. I've been a member of the Bremerton Yacht Club for nearly 4 years. I am retired Navy; Submarines; 20 years. I have been a Seattle Seahawks season ticket holder for 28 seasons.

I bought my 1986 4550 PH in June, 2014. It is my 4th boat going back 35 years but the oldest and biggest by far. It has many electronic upgrades including a PC with Coastal Navigator (2009), Dual DSs, Dual VHFs, Dual GPSs, Auto Pilot & Big Bay monitors. I have Vacuflush systems but what I suspect is the original aluminum 60 gal waste tank. I have Hino 220s (EH700Ti) with just under 2000 hours, a Westerbeke 12.5KW Gen Set. I personally have upgraded/replaced the Ice Maker, Refrigerator, Water Heaters, and engine cooling water supplied DC Cabin Heater. I have upgraded all the interior/exterior incandescent fixtures with LED bulbs. I have added a TV/digital antenna. I am starting on re-varnishing the cockpit teak & varnishing the raw rail & bow sprit up forward. I have done all the basic engine maintenance (all 3) so far including replacing engine oil, air filters, fuel racor elements/cleaning, oil filters, fuel filters, raw water pump impellers/gaskets. I've done the battery maintenance and decommissioned the installed Arrrrr Conditioning unit (that's how the manufacturer spelled it only with more Rs ;). I pulled the boat out once so far and cleaned the hull, shafts, rudders, props, replaced zincs, and fixed the exhaust supports and trim tabs.

I have used this site for almost everything I have done whether I thought I new what I was doing or not as a back up check and to learn from all of you. I can't say enough how valuable this site is to me. I thank you all! I will be doing many upcoming projects and I will share as much as I can and will always respond to those who need my help. I have frustration levels for every past & future job that will be eased by using this site. Looking forward to a mutually rewarding relationship with the BOC & members.

Very Respectfully,

Ken Nelson

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ken & Michele Nelson
Bremerton, WA
BYC Members since 2012
1986 Bayliner 4550 "Salish Seahawk"
Last Edit: by ksnelson13.

Introduction/ 12 Apr 2016 20:13 #2

• canoel
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 674
Welcome back to the forum!!

Joel
1987 3818 Hino 175
"Knotty Girl"
Prince Rupert B.C.

Introduction/ 12 Apr 2016 20:33 #3

• CapMartin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 107
Magnificient boat!
Welcome!

CapMartin, Montréal
"Belle de Dalhousie"
1986 3270
Volvo BB225B

Introduction/ 12 Apr 2016 21:54 #4

• rossi45
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Welcome. I hope to see your around the Juan de Fuca sometime!

2001 Bayliner Ciera 2455 5.7 Merc MPI, Bravo 3
2009 Subaru WRX STI
2017 stick with a nail on the end of it

Victoria, BC
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds