TOPIC: Water Tank -Extra Long Arms:

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 24 Jun 2009 15:19 #1

• Electriceddie
  • Electriceddie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All,

Ok, What gives I bought a used Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge, and I love it. Only issue is know one told me that you needed to have 4 foot long arms to fill the water tank on the side of the boat. What gives, what was Bayliner thinking when they put the water inlet to the tank half way down the side of the boat by the console. Yikes?? I am backed into my slip and can't figure out how to fill the darn water tank from inside the boat. Theres no way to hang over the windshield to reach it. What gives? Some body let me in on this secret?

Thanks a Bunch........ :hammer

Ed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Make: Bayliner:
Year: 2000
Model: 2855 (SU) Ciera Sunbridge
Engine: 7.4L Mercruiser
Outdrive: Bravo III -(Duo Prop)

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 24 Jun 2009 15:28 #2

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
some people have added a new inlet and installed it in a place that is easily accessable.....like in the stern...

:arr arrr

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 24 Jun 2009 15:44 #3

• mrgoodwrench
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have done what seaPup has dtated - I have also hung on the little walk around ledge and filled it up that way when we are traveling. I have the same problem with the shore power inlet, so I moved it to the stern area - so easy the Admiral can do it now:p

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 24 Jun 2009 17:30 #4

• Electriceddie
  • Electriceddie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Really now. I understand what you all have done, but did Bayliner really design the boat with the water inlet where its located? I guess so, but how did they expect people to fill it really I'm curiuos about this one. I understand that you could pull up along side the dock and fill it that way, but really, whata design flaw if ever I saw one. Other then that I love the boat

PS. its a 2000 yr. - 2855 Ciera Sunbrdge SU (LX) model if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for the fast replies

Ed:)

Make: Bayliner:
Year: 2000
Model: 2855 (SU) Ciera Sunbridge
Engine: 7.4L Mercruiser
Outdrive: Bravo III -(Duo Prop)

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 25 Jun 2009 01:46 #5

• xsvboat
  • Thank you received: 0
I guess I have never had an issue with it. I pull up to the pump out dock, pump out and fill up with fresh water.

Maybe it is just that I am not lucky enough to have water at my slip!:)

2000 Bayliner 2855
Spokane, WA

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 25 Jun 2009 01:54 #6

• 3 wide
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14

Electriceddie;314212 wrote: Really now. I understand what you all have done, but did Bayliner really design the boat with the water inlet where its located? I guess so, but how did they expect people to fill it really I'm curiuos about this one. I understand that you could pull up along side the dock and fill it that way, but really, whata design flaw if ever I saw one. Other then that I love the boat

PS. its a 2000 yr. - 2855 Ciera Sunbrdge SU (LX) model if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for the fast replies

Ed:)

I guess this applies to marinas with only one finger per slip? Never really thought about this problem for others, we have two fingers per slip!!

3 WIDE
02 Ciera 2855
350 Mag MPI
w/ Bravo III
New Jersey

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 25 Jun 2009 06:14 #7

• JimMc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 259
I too added a second water fill. I put mine up on the side at the same level as the power inlets and a few feet forward to keep the power and water apart.

I think Bayliner put the fill inlet in the lower half / the hull so they can do all the plumbing before they put the top half / the deck in place.

Jim and Debbie McNeely
New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
Brighton, Michigan USA
MMSI # 367393410

Water Tank -Extra Long Arms: 25 Jun 2009 12:16 #8

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I feel your pain lol. I drove me crazy for a long time too. Now however we have a finger pier on the starboard side. So it's a breeze and I don't think about this "design flaw" anymore. You can however balance on the little ledge to fill the tank. It helps if people or sitting on the opposite side though.. you don't want to be tilting to starboard. That makes it harder. That's what I have done. Put everyone on the port side, hold on to the bimini with your left hand and fill with your right. You feel like a tightrope walker :kidding

Ralph
Ciera 2855
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds