Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What to pull my kids with (tow rope attachment)

What to pull my kids with (tow rope attachment) 21 Jun 2009 04:53 #1

• a1machinista1
  • a1machinista1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Im not sure how much diffrent the rear of my boat is than most others?? I figure since it is an L-drive it must be somewhat different.. So from what you see here what would be the best and economical way to set up a tow point????

I was going to build a tower but now I dont believe I am, then I was thinking a tri pod pole in the back of the boat but now im thinking simple off the ski deck???

Oh my 14 yr old son is 6'1" and 245 lbs so im thinking the tow point might need to have a backing plate ????????????

Also it is a 1991 17' capri L-drive 90hp

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1991 capri 90hp L-drive
" I love it when it go vroom vroom "

What to pull my kids with (tow rope attachment) 21 Jun 2009 05:54 #2

• Don9
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 76

a1machinista1;312658 wrote: Oh my 14 yr old son is 6'1" and 245 lbs so im thinking the tow point might need to have a backing plate ????????????

I think you need a bigger boat! :kidding

What about the center cleat in the pic?

'03 245 5.7/BIII & '06 175

What to pull my kids with (tow rope attachment) 21 Jun 2009 11:09 #3

• MaddMaxx129
  • Thank you received: 0
With all the cleats and tow rope attachment points on the back of your boat you should give one of these a try:

It has a quick connect for easy tow rope attachment (tube or kneeboard handle) and the center section has a float (black thing in bottom pic) on it to keep it on top of the water and out of your prop.

We bought a new one this year to replace the one that came with the boat for pulling a tube or kneeboard.

I bought ours online when I ordered parts to switch out the drive bellows. It was right around 15 bux for the one without a centering roller and a bit more for the one with a roller. Looks like target has them available online for $15 no matter which one you want (roller or non-roller).
http://www.target.com/Airhead-Heavy-Duty-Tow-Harness/dp/B000FE9C2I/sr=1-2/qid=1245583051/ref=sr_1_2/181-8054279-5624311?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Aairhead%20tow%20harness&page=1

MaddMaxx129

'83 1950 Bayliner Capri - Named: "Kewl Breeze"