Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1980 victoria electrical help

1980 victoria electrical help 10 Jun 2009 11:25 #1

• katthater
  • katthater's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
hello all, i am new here so please be gentle...
bought an old bayliner victoria sunbridge last year.
the engine was gone so i recently replaced the old engine with a aq211a(305 chev)

the engine i got is totally in tact electrically. the wiring harness is all good with the one plug.

problem is, the boat wiring is all chopped up. i would like to be able to sort out the wiring and re-use the plug so i could more or less plug and go with the engine. anyone have any drawings of the boat wiring or advice will be awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 victoria electrical help 22 Jun 2009 06:52 #2

• Rodger Shartle
  • Thank you received: 0
:cool:

katthater;307314 wrote: hello all, i am new here so please be gentle...
bought an old bayliner victoria sunbridge last year.
the engine was gone so i recently replaced the old engine with a aq211a(305 chev)

the engine i got is totally in tact electrically. the wiring harness is all good with the one plug.

problem is, the boat wiring is all chopped up. i would like to be able to sort out the wiring and re-use the plug so i could more or less plug and go with the engine. anyone have any drawings of the boat wiring or advice will be awesome.

My name is Rodger. We just bought the same boat (mine in burgandy and white), only a '78, two months ago. Mine is complete with an engine with only 326 hours on the Hobbs and appears to have been kept undercover for most of its life. I too needed help with some listing to starboard and minor electrical issues and got electrical schematics in this forum.

This is an incredible resourse for us. Keep looking and someone will have it posted, or look it up in the Owners Manual which also has it--not real detailed--just the basics, but of course better than nothing. If you can't find it, email to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I can email what I have to you.

Where are you keeping yours? Ours is in Perry's Harbor in the Sacramento river Delta between Sacto and San Francisco; the Delta has 1000+ miles of navigable waterways to explore, and we can't wait. Rodger

1980 victoria electrical help 22 Jun 2009 14:12 #3

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121
The original Volvo harness connection will be two square looking, whitish plastic part(s).
If this is missing from the hull harness, I'd suggest to you that they can be problematic anyway, and to install new ring terminals (of the correct type and installation) at each wire and use a terminal bloc with SS contacts.
Just match up the color code!

This can then be mounted on the inside of the transom as I have done mine.
Here is an example of an 8 gang terminal block.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

You can easily make a rubber flap type cover to flip down over this to protect it once in place.

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds