Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do we like Simrad ? the new GO 12XSE

Do we like Simrad ? the new GO 12XSE 07 Oct 2017 22:19 #1

• 2859Driver
  • 2859Driver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi BOCers

I have a 2006 289 that currently has a older Garmin unit and I'm looking at the new Simrad GO 12 XSE unit with Forward Scan.

Right now I have a new Simrad VHF radio and I like the systems approach were everything is made buy the same manufacture.
At the end of last season I looked at the NSS9 EVO3 which sells for $2,299.00 and is the 9 inch display and now they have the GO 12 XSE which is the 12 inch display model for $2.299.00.

Also does any one have any experience with forward scan and would that work on this hull.

Thanks
2859Driver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2859driver aka Chris
2006 289
383 Black Scorpion L
Care For A Port ?
Deale, Maryland

Do we like Simrad ? the new GO 12XSE 08 Oct 2017 18:19 #2

• Diamond_Boat
  • Thank you received: 18
No experience with ForwardScan, but we have an NSS 8 with a broadband 3G radar and it's awesome. The newer displays are even better. We have the wireless access point that lets me mirror and control the plotter from my ipad. We also have a NMEA2K network hooked up, which among other things let's us control the stereo from the bridge on the plotter. Saved us a bundle in remotes and whatnot.

I think all the big brands are great, just get what makes the most sense to you, and make sure you RTFM. Lots of cool features and functions in there if you know what you're doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1993 Bayliner 3058 Cierra
Twin 4.3L V6's
Alpha 1 Gen II Drives
Moored in Everett, WA
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds