Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gauge question

Gauge question 27 Sep 2017 02:55 #1

• Brunswickbmech
  • Brunswickbmech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an 86 ciera 2550 st that I am beginning to work on. My list is big, but my question is about the cockpit. I am missing a few switches and led indicators as you can see by the pic. How hard are the little yellow lights to find?? And what do I do about the broken gauges. Is it hard to find factory replacements or do I have to find newer stuff and fab them in?? I’m not afraid of fixing wiring as I do it for living. I know it’s a big job, but I’m in it to win.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derby, Ct

BOAT- Bout Oh Another Thousand

1986 Bayliner Ciera 2550 St

Gauge question 27 Sep 2017 12:06 #2

• Sunbird
  • Thank you received: 23
You can usually find the OEM gauges on Ebay. The yellow lights can be found if you search for 12vdc LED indicator lights on Google. You will need to find something that fits the hole diameter.

Gibraltar, Mi.
1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
34' Tollycraft- sold
88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Gauge question 28 Sep 2017 00:17 #3

• Brunswickbmech
  • Brunswickbmech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I see a few of them on there. I will put up better pics when I pick her up Saturday, and get it onto the cradle. I am assuming they make replacement led bulbs for it, instead of the old heat generating bulbs?? I won’t even be able to hook up to dock power until I figure out what scorched the cord and outlet. I’m guessing it was hooked up out of phase but don’t know yet.

Derby, Ct

BOAT- Bout Oh Another Thousand

1986 Bayliner Ciera 2550 St

Gauge question 28 Sep 2017 00:48 #4

• floatyerboat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 93
I'm in the process of changing gauges because I installed electronic ignition kits and the old square tachs are a little to responsive now. The older square ones where made specifically for either a 4-6 or 8 cylinder motor. The new ones have a selector switch for the amount of cylinders you have. I am pretty sure you have a cut out hole size of 4-3/8 inch. If you decide to change the style or need to change out the old ones a 4-3/8 inch gauge is available but they aren't cheap. The 3-3/8 cut out hole size are cheaper and more to select from.
Great Lakes Skipper has a few of the square style tachs for sale but I think only for a four cylinder motor. I wouldn't do anything until you get the motor running. They might still work. If its just the bezel lense that is scuffed up, tooth paste has enough grit in it to make them nice again.
According to the Faria Beede tech I've had phone conversations with said the older square bezel tachs are primitive compared to the new ones.
Good Luck

Dan
Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
Claudia V. III
1988 - 3218
Gas Drives
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds